Wednesday 11 December 2019

TO THE LOVELIEST LOTUS OF MY LIFE!

TO THE LOVELIEST LOTUS OF MY LIFE!

O the loveliest and the bonniest Lotus of my life's pleasant pond,
You and I inseparably snuggle together by our Love's beautiful bond!
You are serenely submerged in me from down your  silky emerald neck,
So loyal and warm our hugs are, in the  shivering, icy cold, we weakly never shake!

O the pinkiest and the most alluring Lotus of my life's grateful Lake,
The sweetest kisses of my ripples keep your softest cheeks sprightly awake!
When you bend blissfully over me upon the gentlest and the most amorous breeze,
Even the largest Lexicons, let alone the tongues, falter to define my celestial glees!

O the prettiest and the most felicitous Lotus of my life's embellished Nile,
It's said Egypt, without me, would have been bleak, desert-like and sterile;
While I acknowledge with the deepest gratitude, without Your lively Smile,
I would have been dispraised the world over as being dry, sombre and infertile!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 11.12.19

No comments:

Post a Comment