Friday 28 September 2018

O MY JEWEL! HOW CAN I PAY YOU?

O MY JEWEL! HOW CAN I PAY YOU?

Indeed, you look like a comely and sprightly sprite.
Lo! In a thick and pitch dark night,
You do surpass even the shines of a Pole star bright,
Yes, you have brought me a steady spray of delicious delight!

Indeed, my eyes blink not at your engaging and enchanting sight,
My gaping mind forgets for a moment all the mundane plight,
My delirious spirits soar as a kite to an inaccessible height,
Yes, my rapt heart does throb to rob your illuminating light!

Indeed, a spring of serenity springs from your sweet smile,
A river of reveries gush from your lithe, rosy lips,
A sea of tranquility sails at your glimpse glorious and agile,
Yes, an ocean of ecstasy, my blissful affinity with you, reaps!
Then, you do tell, how can I pay you what I owe to you,
O my Jewel, the ever refreshing, rejuvenating and new?

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 28.09.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment