Monday 2 March 2020

TEST YOUR GRAMMAR SKILL.




DEAR STUDENTS, PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS TO LEARN GRAMMAR FROM ME IN THE EASIEST WAY. TQ.

Do as directed.

1. a. These are very easy questions.
b. These questions are very easy.
c.  This is a very easy  question.

( Turn into exclamatory sentences)

 2. a. These questions are very easy.
b. Mohit can solve all of them correctly without fail.

(Use "too" and "enough", and rewrite)

3. a. Interpreting, what is written in the Bhagavad Geeta, he became popular.
 b. Interpreting, what's is written in the Bhagavad Geeta, is not so easy.

(Explain the difference between the two "ing" words in the above sentences.)

4. a. The news, that Rohit scored a century, delighted me.
b. The news, that was telecast on Rohit's scoring a century, delighted me.

(Name and explain the two clauses starting with "that".

5. a. I love you as much as him.
b. I love you as much as he.
c. Let's listen who sings sweetest.
d. Never had the traffic rules been so stringent.
e. This is one of Nature's most mysterious mysteries.

(Change the degrees of adjectives of the above sentences)

6. a. I can.
b. I can!
a. I would if I could.
b. I could if I would.
a. I am going to come.
b. I am coming to go.
a. I came to meet you.
b. I am glad to meet you.

(Find the different senses in the above four sentences.)

7. a. Only Ram can speak English.
b. Ram can only speak English.
c. Ram can speak only English.
d. Ram can speak English only.

(Find the different senses in the above four sentences?)

8. a. He was unwell. He went out to work.
( Use 'nonetheless' and ' notwithstanding that')
b. Walk carefully. You may fall down.
(Use 'if'/ 'lest')
c. I practised Yoga. My purpose was to stay healthy.
( Use 'so that')
d. The last ball was bowled. The winning team was announced.
(Begin 'Scarcely..../ No sooner......)

9. a. Let's discuss the questions now.
b. People say that he is a gentleman.
c. You have to solve the above questions.
d. He ought not to have wasted time.
e. Who can answer this question?

(Turn the above questions into Passive Voice)

10. a. Teacher said to the students, "Do you know the answer to this question?"
b. Mother said to her son, "Who teaches you Physics?"

(Turn the above questions into Indirect Speech)

11 a. Simple is very simple.
b. He is regularly irregular.
c. The kettle is boiling.
d. Life depends upon the liver.
e. His young shoulders can't bear this  much burden.
f. Sweet are the uses of adversity.
g. An idea can change your world.
h. O Frailty! Thy name is woman.
i. As food is to the stomach, so are studies to the brain.
j. O Death! Be not proud.
k. Gandhiji closed his eyes forever.
l. India won the match.
m. I have already spent 46 Springs.
n. He was not an ordinary person.
o. Parting is a sweet sorrow.
p. Sceptre and crowd must tumble down.
q. Hope is a poor man's bread.
r. As food is to the stomach, so are studies to the brain.


(Name and explain the figures of speech used in the above sentences.)

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra
Do visit my website: https://devankarclasses.com

Please share this Grammar Test to your friends and relatives.


4 comments:

  1. Dear, our present education system weakens 'Grammar Knowledge', particularly English Language.
    Your efforts will definitely guide students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My humble gratitude to you dear Sir for your kind perusal and encouraging feedback.

    ReplyDelete