Tuesday 4 January 2022

O MY LOVE! YOUR PRESENCE IN MY LIFE

 


O MY LOVE! YOUR PRESENCE IN MY LIFE 

O my Love! Your pious presence makes each agonizing moment more endearing,
It turns my bubble like transient life longer and more enduring,
It makes my life's sorrowful and forgettable stories sweet and memorable,
It stirs the blunt and savage Shylock in me to be an Antonio benign and noble!

O my Love! Your precious presence impregnates my life's barren and sullen stems,
Uncountable blooms of joy dance from the dawn till the next dawn, and the diadems,
Of success surfeit in my uneventful life like the dazzling stars in a Full Moon night,
Breezes of beatitude surge like the tidal waves that were ever as elusive aliens out of sight!

O my Love! The sombre garden of my life is perfumed with your pious presence,
For, the malnourished roots are soon fertilized to bear the apples of essence
Now, the monotonous songs of my life sound more melodious than Lata Mangeskar's,
Yes, it has replaced the hollowness of my life with its blissful and hallowed showers!


N. B. This is the first poem composed in 2022, dedicated to one of my rare friends

Copyright Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 05.01.2022

My dear, revered friends, please search on Google "Poetry of Dr. Shankar D Mishra"/ "sdmpoetry. blogspot. com" to enjoy many more new poems of different tastes. U can save my Whatsapp number (08270604524) to receive my new poems. Please share this poem to all of your friends. Thank you.


6 comments:

  1. Rarest expression for a rare friend sir... Indeed a wonderful beginning of the year sir...I wish a very very happy and creative new year 2022 .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful new year start O my Love ! Best wishes, Sir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful New Year start, "O my Love" ! Best wishes Sir

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shankar ji, May this special poem on love, light up your path forward in this Very Happy New Year 2022. May you be blessed with lot of new ideas, time, mood and enthusiasm all which will create an ambient environment to pen more and more beautiful poems....
    Thank you, Shankar ji.👌👏💐😍🙏

    ReplyDelete