Wednesday 11 October 2017

O GOD! LET ME NEVER BE A SELF-CERTIFIED LOON!

O GOD! LET ME NEVER BE A SELF-CERTIFIED LOON!

O God! Let me never be a self-certified and hypocritical loon!
Let me never feign to have owned all the virtuous shines of a full Moon
Let me not, under any circumstances, shed hue and spew wrath, or frown
Let me ever be content with a petty and paltry pauper’s humdrum crown!

O God! Let me not slaughter like a butcher anyone’s rich and costly happiness
Let me not run, on one’s soft bosom, a greedy, sadistic and ignominious race!
Let me not win, by hook or by crook, this interminable life’s inscrutable Chess
Let me not envy at one’s enviable peace, prosperity and popularity at any case!

O God! Let me never be a stern teacher without ever being an obedient student
Let never my words, like barbs, cause in one’s feelings a sore gash or a deep dent!
Let not my actions ever loot one’s liberty and run over one’s valued Self-esteem
Let not my heinous intrusion steal the sweet Smiles of a calm and tranquil Stream!

O God! Let me ever do my best and utmost to please and gladden all at any cost
Let my life be a synonym for true Love, staunch loyalty and unshakable Trust!

Glossary
self-certified – self-proclaimed
 hypocritical – two-faced
loon – a mad man
feign – pretend
spew wrath – give out anger
petty and paltry pauper’s – of a very poor and ordinary man
humdrum – ordinary, commonplace
sadistic – cruel, one who takes interest in giving pain to others
ignominious - disgraceful
interminable - endless
inscrutable - hard to make out, understand
heinous intrusion - wrong interference
staunch - firm
synonym for – symbolize, stand for, be similar to

©Shankar D Mishra 11.10.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 156 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524


No comments:

Post a Comment