Monday 8 April 2019

ALAS! LIPUN'S SWEET SOJOURN OF A WEEK WAS OVER!

GOOD NIGHT.


ALAS! LIPUN'S SWEET SOJOURN OF A WEEK WAS OVER!

Alas! A week's sweet sojourn of Lipun in the village came to a sad end,
Ah! Along with that a World of Happiness of the little one did sorrowfully bend;
For, the Headmistress of his city School did yesterday a WhatsApp message send,
"Dear Lipun, you are promoted to Std. III, your class starts soon, so you must  attend!

Ah! He was still lost in his pristine rustic funs, and his unalloyed joys,
While reclining on to his Mother's magnanimous Lap in a Cuttack bound bus!
But, to Mother's chagrin, all Her tempting and irresistible eatables' offers,
Could hardly match his hard to forget village games, friendship, and mirthful Toys!

Ah! The echoes of his mates' calls seemed turning his glad cheeks sad and silent,
The aroma of the clouds of village dust, mixed with the play pal's Love left in his psyche a deep dent,
Restlessness of a caged and cursed bird grew gnawingly in him each aching moment,
Alas! The faded petals of his soft, and rosy features appeared almost withered and spent!

But, soon, he shall be tamed to be accustomed to the changed airs of the civilized jungle,
And, I am sure, he shall too be trained to adapt soon better to the new and queer norms as a docile dongle!

N.B. I met Lipun, a boy of about 6 to 7 years old, who  had just been promoted to Std. III, in a bus while traveling back to Bhubaneswar from my college on Saturday last, on 5th April, 19. He looked sad sitting next to my seat with his Mother. On my query about the reason behind his sad face, his Mother told me the above details, and thus I was inspired to compose the poem instantly inside the same bus.

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 08.04.19



8 comments:

  1. I read it as you.have composed it in the bus instantly for the boy whom you met.its so nice to have these poems because these can write our diary notes as well as history itself. The situation you have experienced has been taken out for the readers without loosing it's colours and flavours. Really I liked it. Hats off to you for your instantly penned poem.Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq dear Sir for enjoying each of my poems. U have been ad popular among my readers for yr comment as my poems, telling from the queries of my friends about you.Tq

      Delete