Saturday 9 May 2020

A LETTER TO MY DEAR PARENTS

A LETTER TO MY DEAR PARENTS

Dear parents, I am precariously pressed under the intolerable weight of your unattainable expectations,
Oh! I am senselessly choked under the unbearable loads of your countless restrictions!
Ah! I am severely suffocated by the invisible smokes of your irritating and impractical comparisons,
Ouch! I am indeed unpalatably crushed under the gigantic wheels of excruciating frustrations!

Dear parents, I am never allowed to retire to my bed for a sound sleep without nightmares,
I am never permitted to freely and fearlessly dream my own dreams, and utilize my fathomless flairs!
What a pity! I am never granted to gambol like calves, flit like butterflies and leap like lambs on the lap of Nature!
Lo! There passes never a moment when I am not compelled to undergo deathly depression and mental torture!

Dear parents, I am ever an unsubscribed channel to perform with the constant commands of your relentless remote,
What a pity! I am ever a hijacked boat, dictated, in the bitter, adverse and unquiet water, to smoothly float!
O my God! I am ever a hapless bird destined to fly faster than a jet plane, while my wings are tied,
Alas! I am ever a rarest of the rare bud to blossom to fetch the highest price to fulfill your vanity and pride!

Dear parents, do trust me, my universal disclosure never aims to vent my anguish, or to display my displeasures,
But, to appeal to my generations to desist themselves, as parents, from forcing their kids to run on their whims' sharpest razors!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 09.05.20

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sir !This is emotional and interesting poetry and in this story the important words are outstanding

      Delete
  2. Exceptionally supperbbbbbbbb ink adds up to the misery of the children. An eye opener for everyone. U R Too Good Dear Shankarji. 🙌🙌🙌🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words to say. Beautiful poem. Lovely message of burden life to our parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good eye opener for the parents and guardians of the children growing and rising to achieve a highest level in their lives. Beautifully prnned, ji. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete