Monday 25 May 2020

TO THE ONLY FRIEND ON MY LIFE'S LONELY SHORE

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL 'FRIENDSHIP DAY'!

TO THE ONLY FRIEND ON MY LIFE'S LONELY SHORE

O the only friend on my life's lonely and salty wind-buffeted shore!
When you do fondly catch hold of my shivering, scared and solitary hands,
My happiness knows no bounds; and my drops of tears turn into beads of pearls galore;
For, a new hope sprouts, as the dried roots in June, and a new dawn of delight rises from my heart's sterile lands!

O the only friend on my life's lonely and gloomy gust-looming shore!
I really don't know what the people conceive of our fair and rare friendship,
Still, my lips are tight over their doubtful and vexing queries, for a satisfactory answer,
Albeit, we, like the loyal Jessica and Lorenzo, are about to board the Gondola for a Merryland's trip!

O the only friend on my life's lonely and stormy shore!
You came like a Sunny day when I was left alone in the hands of helpless darkness,
In your angelic presence did open, like a blooming Rose, my life's heydays' door,
Yes, your love fetched me ecstasy, and I slumbered with Salvation's Embrace!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 25.05.20

7 comments: