Friday 13 January 2023

MY LOVE FOR YOU, ESHA


MY LOVE FOR YOU, ESHA 

Esha, my love for you asks for no social or legal recognitions,
It doesn't even demand an iota of your generous reciprocations;
For, it's not bred out of wanton attractions or licentious temptations,
It springs as the spontaneous showers or the Koyel's sweet vocal ejaculations!

Esha, my love for you never even wants your figment of imagination
To think of me or portray my picture out of softness or affection,
To warmly feel my sacred sensations or fondly draw my image,
To treasure my memories, or even adore my silhouette like that of a Sage!

Esha, my love for you never spurs you to ignore the call of your conscience,
To abandon, like the migratory birds, the haven of your luxury and happiness,
To bid an adieu to your life's Spring to opt for a hut exposed to heat, cold and rains,
To quit an imperial palace to wander like a gypsy now in a desert then in a jungle dense;
For, I love you not for any illusory pleasure, but only for Love's sake,
Not for any ephemeral attainment, but as a blissful Lily loves a peaceful Lake!


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 13.01.2023

No comments:

Post a Comment