Sunday 13 August 2017

A STRANGER’S STRANGE MADNESS IN AN AUGUST EVENING

A STRANGER’S STRANGE MADNESS IN AN AUGUST EVENING

O my dear, distant Darling
Thy inviting odour of love maddens me curling
Thy alluring aroma of love keeps about me swirling
Thy appealing, unseen beckons keep me ever unfurling!

O thy tantalizingly invincible restrictions
Keep enhancing my restive and gloomy frustrations
Whispering to me to venture into a stormy, ruffled Sea
To unshackle thee to be openly one with thee in glee!

O my sweet, silent and seducing Stream
Thy cascading smiles placate me to the brim
Thy lively shadows wakes me up in an August evening dream
Thy blithe memory doth every instant my endless joy teem!

Like a dry River, I know not how long to await, sweat and fret
Albeit  “Better late than never.” shall ever gratify a stranger’s Fate!

N.B: The above poem was composed last evening at around 6 pm, afer reading a love poem, “LINES TO AN INDIAN AIR.” written by P.B Shelley addressed to his beloved Miss Sophia.

* inviting – attractive
* alluring - fascinating
* about – around
* appealing - attractive
* swirling – spinning
* beckons – gestures/signals
* unfurling – opening out
* tantalizingly invincible – tormentingly unbeatable
* restive and gloomy - restless and depressing
* ruffled - disturbed
* glee – delight
* unshackle - release
* seducing – exciting
* placate - calm down/satisfy
* to the brim – fully/completely
* blithe – happy
* teem - be full
* albeit – although
* gratify – please

©Shankar D Mishra 13.08.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment