Thursday 19 April 2018

A DRUNKARD'S APPEAL TO OTHER DRUNKARDS!


A DRUNKARD'S APPEAL TO OTHER DRUNKARDS!

No sooner does the much awaited night fall,
Than I rush to attend the wine shop's irresistible call,
So that I can easily forget the day's fatigue and tensions all,
And I can satisfy my never ceasing thirsts with spirited alcohol!

Ah! Soon I step into a pseudo kingdom of celestial trance,
I swim then in an ecstatic ocean of abundance,
I rejoice with my revived vigour to relish and dance,
Yes, I find myself, the luckiest, at the Heaven's entrance!

Until the the fateful day dawns, I gobble chickens and prawns,
Alas! Unmindful, that my babies bleed, and Mrs. moans,
I enjoy myself to the hilt until my sham revelry very soon stuns,
Until an untimely, imminent ruin over me and my innocent family runs!

Thus, may I make a right appeal to the devotees of wine without any right?
"Those who worship wine, can never see, like me, the Sunrise in their life's night!

Please share this poem.
Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 19.04.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment