Monday 8 October 2018

O PEACE! HAD I BEEN BLESSED WITH THY COMPANY OF BLISS!

O PEACE! HAD I BEEN BLESSED WITH THY COMPANY OF BLISS!

Oh! Peace is a priceless Pearl lying at the bottom of an ocean,
Alas! I am too far off to pluck It, being a distant and desolate desert's denizen!
Oh! Peace is a Pole-star, shining in the northern Heaven,
Alas! I am too far off to touch It, being a dweller of a deep earthly cavern!

Oh! Peace is a sweet Fruit hung in the tallest tree of the Paradise,
Alas! I am too far off in the deepest mundane hell to catch that Prize!
Oh! Peace is the nutritious Milk of the most generous Kamadhenu divine,
Alas! I am too far off to suck Her udders, sleeping in the sty like a sacrilegious swine!

Oh! Peace for me is a silvery, luminous and soothing Full Moon,
Alas! I am too far off a delinquent dwarf to obtain this celestial Boon!
Oh! Peace, for me, is a radiant and redeeming Sun of the noon,
Alas! Even to come close to It I am too cursed a light and infirm balloon!

O Peace! Had I not been sinfully and unforgivably  amiss,
I would have been blessed with Thy Panacean Company of Bliss!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 08.10.18




No comments:

Post a Comment