Tuesday 4 February 2020

TO YOU, O MY DEAR BELOVED!

TO YOU, O MY DEAR BELOVED!

O my dear beloved, I feel myself most fortunate in this mundane and ugly world,
For, your splendidious presence behind me turns the aura as precious as pure gold;
And a sweet smile of yours surpasses all the treasured mines underneath the earth,
For, without you, they are even less than nothing in respect of shine and worth!

O my dear beloved, I deem myself, one of the most favoured sons of Nature,
For, She has so generously employed all the prettiest Roses to gift you their Beauty,
She has so magnanimously engaged all the toiling bees to replenish you with their rarest nectar,
She has pleased the Flowers to sing gaily, "To adorn you with our celestial scents is our life's prime duty!"

O my dear beloved, you have, indeed, made not only my destiny but also day;
For, during the thick eclipse of despair, you have come in my life like a radiant hope of ray,
In the overflowing calamitous river of adversity, you have been a life boat,
In life's journey, at the coldest and harshest night, you have been my warmest coat!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 04.02.20

No comments:

Post a Comment