Thursday 25 November 2021

O GOD! MAY MY PRAYER BE KINDLY HEEDED TO.....


O GOD! MAY MY PRAYER BE KINDLY HEEDED TO.....

O God! Let me never learn by heart the art of pretext or pretension,

Let me never live on the fulsome food of falsehood or fabrication,

Let me never deal with the dastardly curriculum of depravity or discrimination,

Let me never dip in a calumnious confluence of diplomacy, duplicacy or degradation!


O God! Let me never dog the deplorable steps of treacherous Mir Jafar,

Let me never lurk in the dubious dark for a credulous bait or an undeserving offer,

Let me never toil to vanquish Dario Cecchini in blasphemous butchery,

Let me never strive to surpass the salacious and ill famous Byron in debauchery!


O God! Let me never fancy to overshadow the abominable Adolf in ruthlessness,

Let me never garb myself with Asha Ram, or Ram Rahim or Sarathi Baba's dirty dresses,

Let me never chase mirage-like money to satiate the thirst of a gullible deer,

Let me never embark on a Vasco da Gaman

voyage to meet You as You are most near!


O God! May my prayer be kindly heeded to with a Mother 's Heart, full of love, pity and care,

Else I'll surely perish like a barb-shot swan, or like a fish "Out of the frying pan into the fire!"


Mir Jafar: Mir Jafar remains a controversial figure in Indian history and has become a symbol of intimate betrayal and treachery among Bengalis.

Dario Cecchini: Dario Cecchini (born 1955) is a leading contemporary internationally known Italian butcher from Panzano in the Chianti region of Italy.

Adolf Hitler : Adolf Hitler was an Austrian-born German politician who was the dictator of Germany from 1933 until his death in 1945. He rose to power as the leader of the Nazi Party,[a] becoming the chancellor in 1933 and then assuming the title of Führer und Reichskanzler in 1934.[b] During his dictatorship, he initiated World War II in Europe by invading Poland on 1 September 1939. He was closely involved in military operations throughout the war and was central to the perpetration of the Holocaust, the genocide of about six million Jews and millions of other victims.

Asha Ram, or Ram Rahim or Sarathi Baba: The trio, the self proclaimed Sadhus or Babas, hail from different parts of India, but have been jailed after being found involved in various immoral activities.

Vasco da Gama:  Vasco da Gama was a Portuguese explorer and the first European to reach India by sea.

Information and picture courtesy : Google

N.B. My dear, revered friends, please search on Google "Poetry of Dr. Shankar D Mishra" to enjoy many more new poems of different tastes. Thank you.

Copyright : Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, India 25.11.2021

No comments:

Post a Comment