Tuesday 15 February 2022

DADEI, YOUR LOVE AND AFFECTION WILL NEVER MINGLE WITH OBLIVION!

 


DADEI, YOUR LOVE AND AFFECTION WILL NEVER MINGLE WITH OBLIVION!


Dadei, whenever, at your heavenly home, we chanced to meet,

The aroma of your love you would spontaneously spray on me so sweet!

You would hesitate, as I, out of obeisance, bowed down to touch your divine feet,

You would instead shake hands as a Captain with his teammate triumphant and upbeat!


Dadei, you would ever, upon my arrival, discuss about new your literary endeavours,

You would read out to me your tri lingual quotes and quatrains in a blithe force,

I was a rivulet, and you, a river, that was ever rapt past words to enlighten and greet,

Still, you ever sensed in my short, infrequent sojourns your study brightly shone and lit!


Dadei, your heart, like a frolicking lamb, would ever gambol in my glory,

Your honeyed, lively and adorable address 'Shankar Babu' was ecstatic and nectary,

Your recent assurance, "Health permitting I must attend Vishnu's Bratopanayan."

And, your pure love and rare affection would never ever mingle with oblivion."


Dadei, your peaceful departure marks your nobility, virtue and Jagannath devotion,

That "May your Soul rest in an eternal Abode of Solace is to God my only supplication!"


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 16.02.2022

No comments:

Post a Comment