Sunday 28 February 2021

WHY WON'T YOU TODAY?

 WHY WON'T YOU TODAY?



O my Dear! You will surely shed Oceans of bitter tears tomorrow,

Out of pinching pain, unbearable bereavement and gashing sorrow,

After you are confirmed by the doctors that I have already taken my very last breath;

What will but be unseen and unknown to me, so why won't you today for my faith?

O my Dear! You will surely exhaust your entire bank balance,

Out of your grand generosity in making arrangements for scrumptious dawat,

Publicity, and rich gifts to the pandits that my alien soul attains deliverance,

After I slumber forever, so why won't you spend a grain today for my living heart?

O my Dear! You will surely pen an elegy, sing my eulogy, ignore my sin and forgive me, 

After I am cremated, to be mingled forever with a non-existence, in the scorching flame,

And float like a lonely cloud in the space,but alas, what will I gain then unless I can taste,

Once when alive, what's called love, care,

pity, mercy, praise, forgiveness and rest?

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 28.02.2021


No comments:

Post a Comment