Monday 9 May 2022

O MY LOVE! DON'T STAY AWAY FROM ME.



O MY LOVE! DON'T STAY AWAY FROM ME.

O my Love! Don't stay away from me in the farthest France,

For, a millimile's distance from you kills my happiness and steals my sense!

In truth, it fills my heavy heart with deathly despondence,

It does drown my spirits, and the depth of my fathomless gloom enhance!


O my Love! Let us not run off as Helen and Paris to wage a war of destruction,

Let us not elope as Jessica and Lorenzo to incur Jewish curse and denunciation,

Let us not wear the boots of Thisbe and Pyramus to stand for a fatal loyalty,

Let's us only live like inseparable and adorable Q and U at a close, pious vicinity!


O my Love! This much is what I beg of you to fulfill my ultimate wish,

To win my mundane strife a sweet glance of yours at dawn and dusk shall suffice!

Image Courtesy: Facebook 

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful writings...beautiful words..on O my Love ! Best wishes Sir..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sir for kind perusal of the poem and an encouraging feedback. ❤🌹🌹🙏

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful write sir, excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sir for kind perusal of the poem and an encouraging feedback. ❤🌹🌹🙏

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Your Love must have been lucky for having been praised and glorified so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mam for kind perusal of the poem and an encouraging feedback. ❤🌹🌹🙏

      Delete
  4. Debadatta Mishra11 May 2022 at 22:28

    A Lovely romantic poem... frankly speaking I couldn't understand half of these words but can feel the warmth of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Mam for kind perusal of the poem and an encouraging feedback. U r more thanked for your candid admission.❤🌹🌹🙏

    ReplyDelete