Thursday 12 May 2022

WHAT DID YOU REAP, O MY FORGETTABLE FRIEND?


WHAT DID YOU REAP, O MY FORGETTABLE FRIEND?

O my friend! Your spurious tongue has caused me untold afflictions,

Just as, to the innocent and gullible insects among the leaves, that of a chameleon's.

It has hoodwinked my loyal sentiments more often than a million occasions,

Just as the torrential rains beat the dupes under the pretentious beams of the Sun's!


O my friend! Your sweet, treacherous stings like the Chinese virus rings

Have invaded unnoticed my vulnerable being to feast as the evil king of Kings

Used to do with their helpless and destitute servants and needy, gagged subjects,

And taught me to disdain and denounce you as the Jews did to Hitler and his Puppets!


O my friend! Your infrequent and unreliable crocodile's tears of repentance,

Will no longer captivate my betrayed Soul to to bear with, and at your behest dance,

For, T. F. T Theory is a must now to end your reign, and Gandhian Passive Resistance

Fertilizes the perfidious hyacinths like you to relish and rejoice in others' sufferance!


Tell me, do tell me, o my brutish, boorish, camouflagic and forgettable Friend -

What did you reap by tarnishing the image of a noble Tribe and setting an ugly trend?


Glossary

T. F. T - tit for tat

sufferance - the suffering or undergoing of something bad or unpleasant


N. B. This poem is inspired by Shakespeare's sonnet "WHY DIDST THOU PROMISE SUCH A BEAUTEOUS DAY?"

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 

No comments:

Post a Comment