Sunday 11 March 2018

LET NO MUNDANE NEEDS SLAUGHTER MY INNER VOICE!


LET NO MUNDANE NEEDS SLAUGHTER MY INNER VOICE!

O God! Let not my insatiable Hunger impoverish my precious vigour,
Let It never enfeeble or weaken my Humanity to disgracefully waver,
Let It never force my Morality, like a pack of cards, to tumble or shake,
Let It never compel my High Ideals to yield, like a coward, and forsake!

O God! Let not my unquenchable Thirst cut short or curtail my endless quest,
Let It never despicably prevent me from putting up my utmost and best,
Let It never undesirably tempt me to beg for an untimely respite or undue rest,
Let It never scare me, as it oft does the Cowards, to face life’s Litmus Test!

O God! Let not my unavoidable Poverty profane my richest pearly Purity,
Let It never succeed in persuading me to be an unwanted Guest of insanity,
Let It never ignite me to shamefully look down upon my steadfast Honesty,
Let It never come out with flying colours to mislead me on the path of Futility!

O God! Let no mundane necessities ever slaughter my invaluable Inner Voice,
Let my Virtue-Guide ever infallibly teach me to win on own Merits Life’s Race!

Glossary:
Insatiable – unappeasable/that whicn cannot be satisfied
Impoverish - make poor/ ruin
Precious – valuable
Vigour – strength/ vitality
Enfeeble – weaken
Disgracefully - shamefully
Tumble - fall down
Forsake - give up/ leave
Unquenchable – greedy/that which cannot be satisfied
Curtail – shorten
Quest - mission
Despicably - very badly
Tempt - attract
Respite – interval/ break
Litmus Test – a crucial and deciding test
Profane – make impure
Persuading – influencing to do something
Insanity - mental illness
Ignite – excite/inspire
Shamefully – disgracefully  
Look down upon – to consider someone or something inferior in some way
Steadfast – firm/steady
Come out with flying colours - succeed
Futility - uselessness
Mundane – ordinary/physical world
Slaughter - kill
Invaluable - very useful
Infallibly - without fail


©Shankar D Mishra/ 10.03.2018
Please share & forward this poem.
Pl. visit my blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Thank u all.

1 comment:

  1. Wish you all the best, Shankar, though you write to encourage us !!! Love 💟

    ReplyDelete