Friday 16 March 2018

TO THE MELODIOUS CUCKOO!


  • TO THE MELODIOUS CUCKOO!


Yes, you prove Shakespeare cent percent wrong,
With your customary, dulcet and captivating song;
Amidst the concrete jungle’s raucous, rasping cacophony,
You retain your unhampered, celestial, enchanting symphony!

How loud, uninterrupted, clear and joyous your tone is,
How transparent and transcendental your message is,
How touching, sweet and soothing your cooh, cooh echo is,
How much my unrestrained, discomfited heart pleased is!

Today, I heard you at a composed, placid chirpy dawn,
I hear you in the deafeningly honking, noisy afternoon.
Ah! Unable am I to deduce your supra-mundane language,
That lessens my terrestrial burdens, and does assuage,
The nagging worries my unbridled unrefined mind carries,
And transform ‘the same wandering’ with no more queries!

Oh! How you heal all my niggling pains with your mesmerizing Musics
For, convinced I am, it is one of God’s miraculous, melodious Magics!

* the same wandering-mind

N.B: I am quoting Shakespeare’s view regarding the unimpressive sound of the Nightingale in the noisy cackling of the goose.

MERCHANT OF VENICE, ACT IV, SCENE -1

PORTIA: “The crow doth sing as sweetly as the lark,
When neither is attended: and I think
The nightingale, if she should sing by day,
When every goose is cackling, would be thought
No better a musician than the wren.”

©Shankar D Mishra   16 .03.2018
Please save my whatsapp number 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment