Tuesday 20 March 2018

WHEN THOU ART ON MY LAP……


WHEN THOU ART ON MY LAP……


Oh! The shine of thy luscious look,
Supersedes soon a sprightly and sparkling brook!
The captivating hue of thy cherry lips,
Knocks my heart’s door; thru my mind’s window peeps!

Oh! Thy rose soft and silky cheeks,
My capturing glance so quickly picks!
Thy smooth and velvety chin,
Stirs me ever to smile contently, and grin!

Oh! Thy white and silvery teeth,
Are, no doubt, the Jasmines of a fresh wreath!
Thy Love’s rich and enduring treasure,
Is truly beyond any mundane scale or measure!

Oh! The sensuous ripples of thy spell-binding smiles,
Beckon me onto thy supple bosom from a million miles!
Thy enchanting Beauty is the Full Moon shy and new,
To have thy unique glance, myriad Jasons are on the queue!

Thou hast indeed become an enthusiastic envy of the hour,
For, thou hast now become Beauty’s indisputable Heir!
Thou hast ultimately become an invaluable find of my life,
Lo! When thou art on my lucky lap, almost won is my strife!

Glossary:
Luscious – delicious
Supersedes - take the place of
Sprightly – energetic
Sparkling - shining
Brook - stream
Captivating hue - charming colour
Peeps - sneaks a look/ casts a glance
Stirs – rouses/excites
Wreath – garland
Enduring - lasting
Beyond - past
Mundane - ordinary
Sensuous - intense
Spell-binding – fascinating

Supple bosom – soft chest
Enchanting - charming
Myriad – countless
Queue - line
Indisputable - beyond doubt
Ultimately - at last
Strife – fight

©Shankar D Mishra [Sr. Lecturer in English, Internationally awarded bilingual poet & author 12 books including 2 Grammar books] 20.03.2018
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524.
Thank u all.

1 comment: