Saturday 17 March 2018

THREE REQUESTS FOR MY BELOVED!



THREE REQUESTS FOR MY BELOVED!

O my dear Birds! Will you kindly lend me your flying wings,
So that I can reach out to my shy beloved, who ever swings,
In my life’s spacious sky of an infinite and pristine Love;
Who does ever ignite and inflame me like an ardent Stove?

O my dear vernal Breeze! Will you convey my missives please,
To my beloved, who with her spotless Love does my heart seize,
Who lives restlessly far away from me at an unapproachable place?
Your service will surely fill me with abundant ecstasy and solace!

O my dear Spring, will you mercifully flow, like a fairy’s dream boat,
Loaded with my loving caskets of golden hugs and diamond kisses,
And gift my waiting and restive beloved, after a careful and safe float;
Oh!  Without my presence she feels shattered into uncountable pieces!

O my dear Friends! I must oblige myself paying you seas of gratitude,
For, you will gladden my beloved’s heart with my loyal Love plentitude;
You will turn her dreary life of a hot May-day into a happy hey-day,
You will build a heaven on Earth for our unalloyed Love forever to sway!

Glossary:
Pristine – pure
Ignite and inflame - inspire
Seize - take hold of
Unapproachable - distant
Abundant – plentiful
Ecstasy – great happiness
Solace – comfort
Mercifully - kindly
Restive – restless
Shattered - devastated
Oblige – put one under a debt of gratitude
Gratitude - thankfulness
Plentitude –
Hey-day - glory days
Unalloyed – unmixed
Sway – rule

©Shankar D Mishra [Sr. Lecturer in English, Internationally awarded bilingual poet & author 12 books including 2 Grammar books] 17.03.2018
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524.
Thank u all.

No comments:

Post a Comment