Friday 30 November 2018

TO THE JASMINE OF MY LIFE

TO THE JASMINE OF MY LIFE

The more, thy lovely look, my elated eyes  behold,
The more joyous shine it doth emit like pure gold!
A world of eternal Ecstasy before me, it doth then unfold,
Ah! My heart leaps lively, and leans fervently, it to hold!

Yes, even a chilling Winter can neither scare me nor shiver,
For, at the warmth of thy cosy company it doth soon scamper!
Oh! Thy honeyed tongue doth prompt me to forget the aching Sorrow-bite,
For, thou art b to me, indeed, a perennial source of my pain-sucking delight!

Oh! When thy sweet, pink and amorous lips  dost wink at my heart,
I get instantly enthused and energized to bring out the best of my part!
When thy silence, O the JASMINE of my life, doth caress me,
I am roused to reach out to thee like a jocund Stream!

Thus, I am greatly grateful to thee, O my  unmatched and unparalleled Bounty,
For, thou hast embellished and enriched my life with thy Aroma, Grace and Beauty!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra  30.11.18

Oh! As the closed petals of the Lotus open up and bloom,
With the awakening calls of the sincere Sun from above,
Your shining Face like a luminous halo removes my gloom,
And assures, to all my enigmatic puzzles, sort out soon and solve!

Your calm and cool composure, like that of the shy Moon,
Teaches me all the symphonies of Mozart to hum and croon,
Rehearses with me all the Indian Classical Dances to dance,
Rekindles in me a desire adore you with a melody performance!


No comments:

Post a Comment