Wednesday 28 November 2018

WHAT AN INSULATOR THOU WERT!

WHAT AN INSULATOR THOU WERT!

Ah! For long, I had been looking forward for:
Thy Pulse to pulsate,
Thy Nerve to vibrate,
Thy Heart to throb,
Thy Verve to verb,
Thy lips to quiver,
Thy Feet to stagger,
Thy Eyes to twinkle,
Thy Romance to sprinkle,
Thy Head to nod,
Thy Emotions to flood,
Thy Being to reply,
Thy Beckons to fly:
What my awaiting feeling perceived, penetrated and yearned!

But, alas! I discovered after a long lustreless expedition,
In the restless Region of my Eager Self;
That thou wert altogether too impenetrable  an Insulator,
To receive any Emotional Current,
Although it passed through thy Vicinity incessantly,
Discharged out of my unfortunate, frenzied Heart's Substation!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra   28.11.18

No comments:

Post a Comment