Thursday 8 November 2018

I KNOW NOT WHY!

I KNOW NOT WHY!

I know not why a hidden shiver in my arteries and veins awakes,
Why the whole of my being, out of a fatal fright, convulsively quakes,
Why the peace and quietude of my mind tumultuously rakes,
As, during Diwal nights, man Nature's Solace recklessly wrecks !

I know not why a concealed fear pricks my sound heart's throbs,
All the Rays of hopes are extinguished, as the toxic smoke robs,
Under its suffocating swirls, the age old Diwali elations,
As most mar the real motive of Diwali by mad, frenzied explosions !

I know not why a familiar scorching scar scares again,
Reminding me of the irreparable previous losses and fresh pains,
Questioning my Psyche "How the silliest man be called sane,
Who burns billions , charring pearly peace invites only acid rains?"

I know not when these wild celebrations will permanently halt,
When will man will to return to reality rectifying his fulsome fault,
When will have the win of 'Enlightenment Lights' over  'Ignorance Darkness',
When will man, to redeem himself, realise and follow his long slumbering Sense?

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra  13.11.18

No comments:

Post a Comment