Thursday 12 September 2019

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN GOLD AND IRON: 12.09.19

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN GOLD AND IRON

Once arose a vehement dialogue between Iron and Gold,
When, the former, at the very outset, claimed being superior to Iron manifold:
He quoted as thus, "O my cheapest friend, I am called by all the 'Beauty Incarnate',
And, he, who owns me, considers himself blest, safest and most fortunate!"


Lo! I am where glitter, grandeur, glory, stardom, praise and prestige are,
And, wherever I am, even the most commonplace, most important appear!
Adulation, applause and relevance spontaneously follow me, wherever I go,
The poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich adorably run after me for hugs,
Yes, under the roof of this material world, I am, undeniably, one of the most vital cogs!


Then, opened the silent and patient lips of the reticent Iron to retort with foolproof preparations,
Who, with his sharpest shafts of contradictions drenched Gold with his torrential perspirations!
"Do you know, my dear, silly, unwitty and boastful friend, you have no entity without my contributions?
What are you dug with, melted in, and sold for your short-lived fascinations?
From a tiny piece of pin to the huge ships, trains, missiles and rockets, I'm the centre of attractions,
Hark! Without me, who can think of the world, let alone your sham store of so-called fashions?


Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 12.09.19

No comments:

Post a Comment