Tuesday 29 December 2020

AN AHMED'S ARDENT APPEAL TO MUHAMMAD -2


AN AHMED'S ARDENT APPEAL TO MUHAMMAD -2

O God! Let me never slumber on the mattress of misappropriated money,

Let me never aquise a mansion built on the foundations of the ill-gotten plunders,

Let me never live, like the sucking bees, on the simpletons' invaluable blood-honey,

Let me never stand on the sham pinnacle of plenitude scaling with my steps of blunders!

O God! Let me never dangle the looted laurels and the bribed badges of triumphs,

Let me never win the Olympic Golds in Race crushing upon the innocent chest lawns,

Let me never be a Goneril or a Regan to hoodwink a many credulous King Lears,

Let me never bathe beneath the shower of Cheers by pumping the helpless tears!

O God! Let me ever assure none to fetch the largest whales from the top of the Sky,

Let me ever promise none to pluck from the bottom of the deepest Seas the Sun, 

Let me ever tempt none with the irresistible and covetous Creams of  lovely, rampant lie,

Let me never take the pious Souls for granted to be bereaved by you of Salvation!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 29.12.20

4 comments:

  1. Oh! God! How beautifully and carefully penned all virtues in this poem by clearly using double negatives. It's so nice and it's possible only for a good poet. Congrats for having this awesome art of writing poems. Great, Shankar ji. πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete