Friday 25 December 2020

MY CHRISTMAS WISH, O GOD!

 



MY CHRISTMAS WISH, O GOD!

O God! Let me first be a student meek, obedient and humble,

Let my thoughts, like the Water of the Ganges, be clean, pure and noble!

Let my actions, like the obnoxious germs, never be ugly and abominable,

So that in the miry pond of life, l may bloom, like a Lotus bright and appreciable!


O God! Let me first be a Teacher well versed, disciplined and modest,

Let me own a virtuous character, what is a must for all, to pass life's Ultimate Test!

Let me never be, for my fellow beings, either a water hyacinth or a pestering pest,

So that I may please You to be blessed, at last, with peace, contentment and Rest!


O God! Let me first be a human being sincerest, strictest and staunchest,

Let me never deviate, for the cheap, remorseful gains, from my Just pursuit, and Right Quest!

Let me, till my last breath, tirelessly toil and persistently perspire my honest sweat,

That may succour me, in the long run, to get a rare ticket to enter Your Heaven's Gate!


Copyright ©️ Dr Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 25.12.2021

Image Courtesy: Google

My dear, revered friends, please search on Google "Poetry of Dr. Shankar D Mishra"/ sdmpoetry.blogspot.com to enjoy many more new poems of different tastes. To receive my poems, you can save my Whatsapp number 08270604524. Thank you. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful writings...Christmas wishing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq for your kind perusal and encouraging feedback.

      Delete
  2. Nice composition of this X'MAS prayer. Thank you, Shankar ji for this beautiful poem. πŸ’πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tq for your kind perusal and encouraging feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and sweet prayer beautiful sir God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq dear sir for your kind perusal and encouraging feedback.

      Delete