Wednesday 14 July 2021

TO THE ONLY LORD OF MY LIFE

 TO THE ONLY LORD OF MY LIFE


O Lord! In the unblinking and unmistakable mirror of my eager eyes,
None other than You does forever so blissfully and revelrously reflect!
Like a never ending feast your features flood my soul with such celestial glees,
That I do instantly eject and give all the mundane maladies of life the gate!

O Lord! I perceive only You in whatever object fall my eyes in and out of this world,
In the smiling blossoms I do inhale Your inevitable sprays of fragrance untold,
Only You have made the couples like sourness and sweetness, grief and glee, iron and gold,
Only due to Your mesmerizing blessings man is deemed so wise, powerful, unique and bold!

O Lord! I feel, the crystal dew drops on the emerald leaves extol only Your enchanting engineering,
The mirthful murmurs of the scintillating springs, to glorify Your grandeur, from dawn to dusk gratefully sing,
The Moons, the Suns and the Stars light with delight to brighten only Your munificence magnanimous,
The breeze, the shower, the seas and the grains 
eulogize only Your Love for all unmatched, unfound and wonderous!

Thus, it's a rare fluke of mine to be blessed with Your Company so divine and generous,
But for which my birth must have been, without doubt, futile, purposeless and impious!



*Give something the gate - drive out

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment