Thursday 7 July 2022

YES, MY BETTER -HALF IS THE BEST.

 


YES, MY BETTER -HALF IS THE BEST.

Oh! I have spent with you nineteen years just like nineteen passing showers

For, I have been blessed with one of the loveliest and most fragrant flowers,

That has been blooming around me to spray her aroma days and nights 

So that I can be enthused, energized and engaged in winning life's fights.


Oh! I have been gifted with a soothing shade supplying umbrella in you,

Who've opted to suffer so that I can be saved from the rain and the sun     

Who've preferred to embrace adversity so that I can stand in prosperity 's queue

Who have gladly kissed her losses so that I can win the battle in the long run.


Yes, you have been a paragon of sacrifice, and I, a symbol of self-interest

You have been an emblem of dedication, and I, a synonym of selfishness.

You have proved yourself time and again a monogram of magnificence

So my spontaneous overflowing emotions of ecstasy spur me to pen:

Yes, among all the wives under the sky "My better-half is the best."

And all the credit goes to the Almighty for His infinite blessings of rain.


N.B. This poem is gifted to my better-half on the occasion of our 19th marriage anniversary.

Copyright ©️ Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

 Website- http://sdmenglishtuitions.com


Attention please, dear students of Std. 11th onwards!

Those who want to attend Spoken English classes to speak and write English correctly, and those who want to learn English grammar for all types of competitive exams in India can contact me to be guided online with 100% guarantee of improvement. My contact number: 8249297412/WhatsApp number: 8270604524.  

Please circulate this message to your friends so that they too can take advantage of this golden opportunity. The more the number of students in a batch,the less the amount of monthly fees. So, hurry up now! TQ.

 


6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Marriage Anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy wedding anniversary, Shankar ji! God bless you and your family!💐👏🙌

    ReplyDelete