Sunday 14 January 2018

LET THE KITE OF MY LIFE REACH THE SUMMIT!

LET THE KITE OF MY LIFE REACH THE SUMMIT!

Let the Kite of my life unflaggingly soar ever to the Summit high,
Crossing sagaciously all the sprawling barriers, those on its path often lie,
Dodging meticulously the ever dampening and hampering obstacles,
Diffusing, with ease, the fiery, buffeting Bombs of hostilities, it tackles!

Let not the adverse impediments ever ebb and diminish my steady pace,
Let not the calamitous hurdles ever intercept like a stumbling block my Race!
Let me ever, with a fortified and fertile fortitude, all the fiercest winds face,
Lest, I should be shamefully and deplorably deprived of a sure, sweet Success!

Let me strengthen and toughen the string of Scruple never ever to be snapped,
Let me not lose concentration being, by distracting temptations, trapped,
Let the wings of my perpetual endeavour and manoeuvre ever be flapped,
Let my reaching the ultimate Altitude ever be warmly cheered and gladly clapped!

Thus, let no sense of complacency or respite ever creep into me to look down,
Lest, anyone else in my place, should be adorned with the Salvation Crown!

N.B: WISHING U ALL A VERY HAPPY LORY AND MAKAR SANKTRANTI!

Glossary:
Summit – peak
Unflaggingly – untiringly
Sagaciously - wisely
Sprawling – spreading extensively
Dodging - escaping
Meticulously – carefully
Dampening – diminishing
Hampering - obstructing
Diffusing – turning inactive
With ease - easily
Fiery - burning
Buffeting - beating
Hostilities – unfriendliness/oppositions
Tackles - deals with
Impediments - obstructions
Ebb - diminish
Diminish – reduce
Calamitous – disastrous/ dreadful
Intercept - interrupt
Fortitude – moral and physical courage
Fiercest – severest
Deplorably – unforgivably
Scruple – a moral or ethical consideration that acts as a restraining force or opposes certain actions
Snapped – cut/broken
Perpetual - continuous
Endeavour– attempt
Manoeuvre – a movement or set of movement needing skill or care
Flapped – waved/ moved up and down as wings
Complacency - over self-satisfaction
Respite – break/ relief

©Shankar D Mishra, 14.01.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 227 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment