Tuesday 9 January 2018

YES, I AM AN UNMATCHED MODEL OF BUSINESS!

YES, I AM AN UNMATCHED MODEL OF BUSINESS!

Oh! I am ever as busy and occupied as the industrious bees:
They always buzz among the lush foliage of the gravid tress,
They always flit and flutter on the blossoms to suck syrupy honey:
Alas! I am lost in simulating in a cozy cell, Spring’s vernal breeze,
I am engrossed in building a mundane heaven whence Bliss ever flees,
I am in a diligent pursuit of the nectaric drops of a magnetic money-Crony!

Oh! I am as hard-working as the ever assiduous and foresighted ants:
They sleep not until they save for the rainy days, the grain-crumb remnants,
They keep persisting in their perseverance until they are true triumphants;
Alas! To meet my hunger and thirst;I feed on reveries and drink morning mist,
From dawn till night, I hop like grasshoppers, and flippancy is my everyday feast,
Alas! I pass the Present like running water; about the Future, I am concerned least!

Yes, I am an unparallelled and unmatched Model of the so-called Modern Business,
O God! When will my Business bless me to qualify for life’s stiffest and sincerest Pace?

Glossary:
lush - green and blossoming
foliages – all the leaves
gravid - pregnant
flit and flutter - flutter and flap
simulating – creating a likeness or model of a situation/replicating
cozy - comfortable
vernal – related to Spring season
engrossed - engaged
mundane – everyday/ dull
whence – from where
diligent - hard-working
pursuit – search/chase
crony - friend
assiduous - hard-working
foresighted – having future concern/sight
for the rainy days – for the difficult times
grain-crumb remnants – small remaining pieces of grains
persisting – continuing
perseverance – contituous try
triumphants - winners
reveries – day dreams
flippancy – lightness/lack of seriousness

©Shankar D Mishra, 09.01.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 223 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment