Sunday 28 January 2018

O GOD! LET ALL MY EARNEST WISHES BE GRANTED.

O GOD! LET ALL MY EARNEST WISHES BE GRANTED.

Let me never see anyone in painful and insufferable tears,
Let my words of compassion spring, in everyone, springs of cheers!
Let my generous actions bear, for all, the fruits of contentment pears,
Let my honest endeavours ever rain peace, removing all uneasy fears!

Let no one ever awkwardly feel being at my miserly and meagre Mercy,
Let my life be a unique emblem of loyalty, patriotism and transparency!
Let me not be a hollow preacher, but a paragon of modesty and courtesy,
Let me ever aim at everyone’s abundant health, wealth and eternal ecstasy!

Let me never overawe anyone or ever, as a savage, callous beast, frighten,
Let me everyone’s distress lighten, and every inquisitive mind enlighten!
Let me do the least that I can so that a universal bliss may exist and reign,
Let my presence turn the common Earth forever into an uncommon Heaven!

Thus, let none be a hapless prey to hunger, disease, injustice and poverty,
Let all my earnest Wishes be kindly granted, O the ever Merciful Almighty!

 Glossary:
Earnest – sincere/ solemn
Insufferable - unbearable
Compassion - kindness
Spring - come out of
Endeavours – efforts
Awkwardly - uncomfortably
Miserly - ungenerous
Meagre – insufficient/inadequate
Emblem – symbol
Paragon – model/ shining example
Abundant - plentiful
Ecstasy – happiness
Overawe - scare
Savage - wild
Callous – heartless/ unfeeling
Lighten - lessen
Inquisitive - inquiring
Enlighten - make clear to/inform
Hapless prey - ill fated victim

©Shankar D Mishra, 26.01.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 234 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment