Friday 29 June 2018

'I'

                             
   'I'

'I' is unquestionably the most important word in the world,
Costlier than platinum, and prettier than the glittering gold!
'I' is ever young, lively, kind, just, noble, virtuous and right,
'I' is undoubtedly an abode of eternal joy and heavenly delight!

Who has ever seen 'I' to be objectionably in fault?
Who has ever relished more delicious delicacy without adding 'I' Salt?
Who has ever witnessed 'I' committing any culpable crime?
Who will deny? "Nothing else on earth is as unique as 'I' and prime!"

The indomitable 'I' was reigning in the past; 'I' is ruling at present,
And 'I's regime will continue in the future that is so imminent!
Without this inevitable 'I' even the Almighty's plan seems sordid and dull,
Thus, 'I' alone is behind all greatness, that is negligibly tiny or enviably tall!

Who else commands more respect than 'I'; whom else you more trust?
Do honestly disclose please, what else other than 'I' comes in your life first?

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 29.06.2018
Please forward this poem to your WhatsApp friends. Tq.

5 comments: