Monday 25 June 2018

O GOD! DO MAKE ME A LITTLE LAMP.

O GOD! DO MAKE ME A LITTLE LAMP.

O God! Don’t make me the extraordinary Sun,
Do make me a humble ordinary son;
To serve the people in His radiant absence,
With my very little dutiful, useful effulgence!

O God! There can n ever be another Sun,
As long as the benevolent Mother Earth is alive.
To be His worthy counterpart, let me learn,
To illuminate my little world, and honestly strive!

O God! Let me be a very small and detached zero,
Let me be a little sober and sacrificing hero,
Let me remove a little worldly sorrow,
Let me, share a little, but not ever borrow!

O God! Your Merciful Blessing is my fuel!
Do keep supplying It to me, to nourish me to dwell,
To live like His booned son till the very end,
To help my little world, like an unselfish true friend!

©Shankar D Mishra    18.01.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment