Tuesday 31 July 2018

WHAT A CONTRAST BETWEEN ME AND MY ACTIONS!

WHAT A CONTRAST BETWEEN ME AND MY ACTIONS!

Yes, I have grown much matured with unpredictable Time,
To play like a multi-faceted, chameleonic actor:
Who can, while bleeding in sorrows, sing a sweet, jolly rhyme,
And being a beneficiary, can pretend well to be a benefactor!
I can soon shed seas of salty, sour tears,
Even when I swim in a sweet, happy ocean;
So that I will need no more money to win compassion,
So that I can lead a life, full of frolics and cheers!

Yes, I have grown much sagacious with experience:
To hug you warmly, and wish you a long and luxurious life,
To beseech God for your peace, prosperity and health,
Even when I plot to efface you with a Shylock's spiteful knife,
While I pose as a preacher despite being devoid of common sense,
While I show up as a Saint though, in a devil's den, I forever dwellth!

*dwellth - dwell

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 31.07.2018

2 comments: