Friday 27 July 2018

A SAD SONG OF MOTHER NATURE

A SAD SONG OF MOTHER NATURE

When I rain, much more you, the humans, gain,
Grows more greenery to bring you forth more grain,
To fill all the bellies, to remove the starvation pain,
To restore revelry, to sustain the food chain!

I do ignite the Sun for the vital evaporation,
For the warmth, photosynthesis, and the bright light,
To welcome the day, to bid a farewell to the dark night,
To minimize misery, and maximize elation!

I do fan shivering waves to check the heat of the earth,
To fetch an apparel of pearl, I march to the North,
To embellish Myself with varied flowers to surge your mirth,
To enhance your abundance, and ebb your dearth!

Alas! Still, your human eyes can never see Beauty in any of my Seasons!
So, for your miseries, your fastidious nature is one of the major reasons!

*Fastidious - hard to please

N.B.: Now, you can read my poems on Google search by typing, "The poetry of Shankar D Mishra." Tq.

4 comments:

  1. See that humans have always made efforts to preserve Nature!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sir, but much more needs to b done for Her safety as well as ours. Tq so much dear Sir for Yr comment.

      Delete
  2. I love this Poem...more grease to your elbow bro

    ReplyDelete