Thursday 1 August 2019

OH! A FUTURE FEAR GRIPS MOTHER EARTH.

OH! A FUTURE FEAR GRIPS MOTHER EARTH.

Oh! I do swear that a future Fear firmly grips me,
When, out of worry, I think of the age of my Family Tree,
Gets cruelly curtailed every second of a new day,
Due to human mischief in an inordinate way!

Oh! I do swear that a Future Scare intensely intimidates me,
When, out of worry, I see human mischief destroys rapidly my greenery,
When the animal kingdoms are under a speedy and steady jeopardy,
When I have been molested, days and nights, like a young helpless lady!


Oh! I do swear that a Future Fright mockingly beckons me,
When, out of worry, I watch human mischief sets pollution rampantly free;
When poison incontrollaby prevails on land, in water and through air as well,
Ah! When, to the fire of annihilation, he blatantly pours infammable fuel!

Oh! I do swear that I can no longer withstand Man's inhuman atrocity,
As my breath is ever stolen beneath the choking branches of his immoral city,
As my limbs are constantly amputated without a token of compassion or pity,
And my living corpse is hearsed on the ungrateful shoulders of my offspring incorrigibly naughty!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 01.08.19


No comments:

Post a Comment