Saturday 16 January 2021

ALAS! I AM WORSE THAN A RAPUNZEL.

 ALAS! I AM WORSE THAN A RAPUNZEL.

Alas! I am cursed to be caught by the invinite chains of invisible captivity,

Day dreams, reveries and illusions in my life are your so-called modern liberty,

Being an heir of abundance I am still a descendant of poverty,

I am a living puppet that performs at the bitterest behests for the Bosses' felicity!


Alas! I am born to be burnt with the lubricants of the rigid and rigorous restrictions,

I am worse than a Rapunzel who dwells in a realm of dos, don'ts and limitations,

I am a caged parrot that is fondly fed behind the gold bars the rich dishes of deprivation,

I am a princess of Paris who is destined to lead a lavish life of deathly dependent destitution!


Alas! From the cradle to the tomb, I am a victim of partiality, bias and discrimination,

I am a prey to masculine domination, sinful suppression and suicidal suspicion,

I am a wooden race horse that is trained ever to run fastest and beat the rest,

I am a plumeless plane that's ever  the only target to surpass the altitude highest!



Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 16.01.21


No comments:

Post a Comment