Monday 4 January 2021

Grammar Questions: ADVERB CLAUSE OF TIME

 


Identify the main clause and the dependent clause, tell the type.

1. While you were playing I was working. ...

2. As I was walking down the street, I saw James driving a Porsche. ...

3. After you have finished your work, you may go home. ...

4. Whenever I go to London, I try to see Mathew.

5. Whenever I see him, I feel nervous.

6. As soon as he heard the news, he called me.

Do not talk while she is singing.


• When I command this ship, there will be good discipline.


• He came after night had fallen.


• After the law was passed, this type of crime ceased.


• Do it before you forget.


• Before you go, bring me some water.


• I have not been well, since I returned from New York.


• There was silence as the leader spoke.


• As he came into the room, all rose to their foot.


• The Doctor always comes whenever he is sent for.


• They were commanded to wait till the signal was give.


• As soon as he heard the news he wrote to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment