Tuesday 1 May 2018

A REQUEST TO THE ALMIGHTY


A REQUEST TO THE ALMIGHTY

O God! Don't take me to such an arrogant height,
Whence, to descend, there'll be no flight!
Don't replenish me with that much cursed wealth,
Which will wane in Thee, mine even an iota of faith!

O God! Don't embellish me with that much baned beauty,
Which will turn me too lusty to mind my due duty!
Don't endow me with that much perverted fame,
Which will seduce me to forget Thy Sublime Name!

O God! Don't lead me onto such an illusory Highway,
Where Satan will snatch my Scruple's sway!
Don't bestow upon me that much miry mirth,
Which will make futile my life's blissful birth!

O God! Dost bless me with nothing but Thy Mercy Panacea,
Which will redeem my Soul and slay my Divine inertia!

@Shankar D Mishra  Posted on my blog on 19.12.2017. Please forward my poem among others. Tq.

8 comments:

  1. It is not a request to a friend, but can you name "a prayer to the Almighty"! 👑

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sincere prayer never goes unanswered.
    Composed under cosmic influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your request to The Almighty is just the same as that of His desires from His subjects Sir. Moreover requests with devine ends are always pardoned by Him. Your lines are based on a higher level of ideology with devine ends. So transparent and influential Sir. .................... Jai Shree Radha Madhaba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humble gratitude dear Sir for your valuable comment.

      Delete