Tuesday 29 May 2018

IF I WERE A TREE!



IF I WERE A TREE!

Were I a sweet black-berry nut tree,
Standing restive on the bank of a river;
A sweet repository for many a bird and bee,
Much gladder I would be to flourish my favour!

All, except the inanimate, would be my exhilarating guests,
Dawns, noons, dusks and nights I would be busy,
Hospitalising all without hostility and with no rests,
Satiate I would like a Mother selflessly crazy!

Fishes beneath me wouldn’t go unrelished,
Also, when all would enjoy a never ending feast,
Fanning of the breezes would have embellished,
The chirps, hummings and flutterings on my cosy breast!

But, if not I am, at present in reality so,
Should I not try my utmost to do an ounce,
Of my fancy’s part before it does go
Hollow as the modern Ministers pronounce?


Copyright:Shankar D Mishra   10.01.2017
Please save my Whatsapp number: +918270604524
Tq.

No comments:

Post a Comment