Tuesday 24 August 2021

SOLACE OF MY SERENE SOUL

 


1. A PRAYER TO LORD JAGANNATH

O Lord! How great Thou art,

And greater Thy Art, Skill and Intelligence,

Behind Thy Creation of air, water and land

Thy creation of millions of Stars, Suns and Moons,

Thy creation of living showers in the monsoons,

Thy creation of springs, rivers and oceans,

Thy creation of sweetness, bitterness and salt,

Thy creation of rocks, peaks, pebbles and sand,

Thy creation of joyous laughters, and sorrowful tears

Thy creation of heat, cold, fortitude and fears,

Thy creation of a newly wed bride’s charm, grace and blushes,

Thy creation of thunders, lightnings, floods and flashes,

Thy creation of a pious and unalloyed smile on a baby’s face,

Thy creation of bio-abiotic kingdom, flora and fauna with the human race,

Thy creation of good and bad as well as days and nights,

Thy creation of rockets, planes, buses, bikes, cycles and kites,

Thy creation of victory's soaring joy as well as defeat's boring plight,

Thy creation of vice and virtue as well as fall and rise,

Thy creation of the insane and the sane as well as the dull and the wise,

Thy creation of seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months, years and ages,

Thy creation of Gurus, Saints, Seers, Popes, Priests, Prophets, Nuns, and Sages,

Thy creation of light and dark as well as dusk and dawn,

Thy creation of birth and death as well as hell and heaven,

Thy creation of Temples, Guru Dwars, Shrines, Churches and Mosques,

Thy creation of deserts, oases, fruits, vegetables, kernels and husks,

Thy creation of kings and queens in palaces, homes with kids, fathers and mothers,

And Thy creation of a great many innumerable creatures

May I thus be blest, to reach Thy Realm, with some Divine Feathers?

N.B:- Inspired by an Odia Bhajan on Lord Jagannath  


2.  A HYMN ON LORD SHIVA

O Lord! No mundane wound is too incurable for You to efficaciously heal,

No mundane ditch is too bottomless for You, in a trice, to fill,

No mundane grief is too intense for You to effortlessly mitigate,

No mundane demon is too formidable for You to easily relegate!

O Lord! No mundane darkness is too thick for You to instantly dispel,

No mundane circumstance is too adverse for You to prevail,

No mundane venom is too pernicious for You to safely devour,

No mundane power is too potent to inevitably need Your favour!

O Lord! No riddle is too complicated for You to rightly solve,

No mundane matter is too subtle for You to unavoidably involve,

No mundane place is too inaccessible for You to immediately reach,

No mundane Knowledge is too intricate for You to convincingly preach!

O Lord! No mundane thing is too impossible for You to miraculously do,

No mundane puzzle is so teasingly mazy that You won’t have the Clue!

*Relegate - banish


 3. A PRAYER TO LORD GANESH

O Lord! Only for Your infinite Mercy, the water in the rivers ceaselessly flow,

Only for Your boundless Mercy, man incessantly and abundantly grow,

Only for Your illimitable Mercy, away misfortune in an instant flee,

Only for Your endless Mercy, lasting happiness smiles as the verdant tree!

O Lord! Fathomless mains of sorrows turn into nectars only at Your graceful glance,

Health, wealth, prosperity and contentment do steadily enhance,

Your bounty rains to dispel the world's dark, bleak and deadly ignorance,

And, Your generosity keeps pouring on Earth the much needed sustenance,

O Lord! May You shower Your celestial blessings upon all till eternity,

May Your sweet blessings remove from the world all sordid negativity,

May Your rare blessings infuse in every being purity, integrity and impartiality,

May Your unique blessings establish love, fraternity, harmony and humanity,

May Your heavenly blessings bring an end to vice, cruelty, sorrow and poverty,

May Your Panacean blessings preserve the Earth from all evils till perpetuity!


4. A HUMBLE PRAYER TO GODDESS SARASWATI

O Maa! It is my humble, demure admission:

I will only disrespectfully plagiarize,

I will only discourteously publicize,

I will only apparently justify myself unwise,

I will only prove myself mad in the human guise,

To dare to describe You, what is indeed past description!

O Maa! I am really shivering at the thought of praising You,

I am shuddering at the thought of glorifying You,

I am stammering at the thought of extolling You,

I am shaking at the thought of exalting You,

I am trembling at the thought of applauding Your Miracles,

I am absorbed at Your Heavenly, subtle spectacles!

O Maa! It will be an utter impudence to eulogize You,

It will be a sheer insolence to belaud You,

It will be an outright imprudence to deify You,

It will be an out –and-out audacity to adore You,

It will be a complete dare-devilry to adulate You,

For, all the earthly epithets are too indecorous to glorify You!

O Maa! Without Your Magnanimous Grace,

I am a reprehensible fool in life's race!

Without Your Generous Grace,

I am a contemptuous figure without a face!

Without Your luminous Enlightenment,

I am a knowledge bulb without a filament!

O Maa! Without Your rapturous and radiant Light:

I am a gloomy gorge of ignorance,

I am a hollow husk without sustenance,

I am a dull, disdainful entity,

I am a void naught without utility,

I am too weak to brace up for life's fight!

O Maa! Without Your unfathomable Blessing:

I am, indeed, an ignoble, unwanted creature,

I am the most unwanted rubbish in Nature,

I am the most senseless cartoon caricature,

I am a mobile mortal minus any significant feature,

I am too brazen and bizarre a metal to be a coveted ring!

O Maa! Without Your bounteous Shower of Knowledge:

I am, undoubtedly, a derisive, unfilled and blank page,

I am the uncalled for swamp and sedimentary dredge,

I am a groping traveller in life’s mysterious maze,

I am a perplexed wayfarer in the confusion haze,

Without Your Elysian Boon I am accursed forever in this birth and death cage!

No comments:

Post a Comment