Wednesday 4 August 2021

PAGE 1 to 33, STD. 4, SDM'S KEY TO B. N. ACHARYA'S STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1

 BOOK by B.N ACHARYA



Page 1




Page 1

This is a fish. That is a book. That is a table. That is a pen. This is a man. That is a goat. That is a dog. This is a cat. That is a cow. This is a tiger.


Page 2



Page 2

This is a pen. That is a custard apple. This is an aeroplane. This is an animal. This is a bird. That is a star. This is an ant. That is an owl. This is an elephant.


Page 3



Page 3

This is a snake. That is a fish. That is a radio. That is a pen. This is an egg. That is a custard apple. This is a donkey/an ass. That is a horse. That is an aeroplane. That is a book. That is an ink-pot. That is a tree.

Page 5



Page 5

This is my ball. That is your cloth. This is his book. That is your ink-pot. This is her custard apple. That is my dog. This is your cow. This is her shoe. That is your mango. This is my table. That is an orange.


Page 6



Page 6

This is Gopal's pen. That is Hari's pencil. This is a monkey's head. That is an elephant's leg. This is a tiger's eye. That is a bird's nest. This is Ram's book. That is Gopal's table. This is a cat's head. That is an elephant's trunk.


Page 8



Page 8

This is not Sita's bag. This is not Hari's box. That is not Madhab's pencil. This is not my chair. This is not your ship. This is not our house. That is not his school. This is not a river. That is not a rat.

Page 8 Exercise -1



Page 8 Exercise -1

This is an egg. This is a tree. That is a fish. This is an aeroplane. That is a donkey/an ass. That is a hill. That is a bridge. This is a mouse. That is a cat.

This is a pen. That is a star. This is a picture. That is a temple. That is an ant.

This is my house. That is your school. This is Ram's dog. That is my cat. That is our village. This is Madhab's book. This is her pencil. That is her ink-pot.


Page 9



Page 9

This is not my goat. That is not your coat. This is not my cap. That is not her cat. This is not my custard apple. That is not his cake. This is not Kamala's umbrella. That is not a dog's tail. 


Page 10



Page 10

I am a student. You are a teacher. I am a baby/child. You are an old man. I am a girl. You are a farmer. I am a king. You are a student. I am a servant. That is a cat. This is a donkey/an ass. You are my master. 

Page 10



You are not a donkey/an ass. I am not your master. You are not a doctor. I am not a beggar. You are not a farmer. I am not a shopkeeper. You are not an ox. This is not a fox. I am not a king. You are not a queen.


Page 11



Page 11

He is not a doctor. She is not a nurse. He/She is a teacher. She is not a student. That is a baby/child. He/She is not a teacher. He is a farmer. He is a shopkeeper.


Page 12



Page 12

He is not your master. I am not his brother. I am not your queen. He is not my uncle. She is your nurse. I am his mother. She is my sister. You are my teacher. She is not your student. I am your Headmaster. He/She is not your teacher. You are not my maternal grandfather. I am not his brother. He is not my servant. I am not your sister. You are not my mother. I am not his father. He is not a farmer. 

Page 13 Exercise - 2



Page 13 Exercise - 2

This is my head. That is your leg. This is not my book. That is not my pen. That is not his ink-pot. That is your book. This is not my notebook. That is not your pencil.

 I am a shopkeeper. You are my servant. She is my mother. You are his friend. He is your brother. You are his sister. I am your teacher.

 She is not my aunt. I am not his sister. You are not my maternal grandmother. I am not your maternal grandfather. You are not my daughter. I am not your mother. He is not my teacher. 


Page 15



Page 15

I am Gobind. You are Hari. He is Madhab. Madhab is here. Sita is here. She is Rebati. You are Jadunath. He is Sitanath. Sitanath is not here. Jadunath is not there. I am not Keshab. You are not Madhab. He is not Jadunath. You are not Sitakant. You are not there. He is not Gopal. He is not here. 


Page 16



Page 16

I am a girl. I am Kamala. My name is Kamala. I am a student. I am Madhab. My name is Madhab. You are a child. Your name is Keshab. You are Keshab. That is a child. He is Kunal. His name is Kunal. She is a student. She is Geeta. Her name is Geeta.

Page 17



Page 17

Hari is a student. He is my student. Narahari is a man. He is an old man. He is my uncle. 

This is Meena. Meena is a cat. This is your cat. 

That is a house. That is your house. This is a school. This is Gopabandhu Middle School. This is your school.

Page 17 

This is Tom. Tom is my dog. Tom is not a cat. Ram is a good boy. He is my child. He is not your child. Geeta is a girl. She is my daughter. She is not a teacher. Madhab Babu is a teacher. He is an old man. He is not your teacher.

Page 18 Exercise - 3



Page 18 Exercise - 3

Hari is a student. Hari is my student. He is here. Madhubabu is a teacher. He is your teacher. He is not here. This is a bag. This is your bag. This is a dog. This is my dog. That is a tree. That is a coconut tree. There is the tree.

This is not an ox. Kamala is not a student. She is not my student. This is not a pen. This is not my pen. Ram Babu is an old man. He is not my father. He is my maternal grandfather. He is here.

Page 19



Page 19

Where is Hari's pen? Hari's pen is in his pocket. Where is your knife? Your knife is in Sita's bag. Where is Hari's brother? He is in the class. Where is Hari? Hari is in his room. Where is my watch? My watch is in Gopal's bag.  

Page 20




EXERCISE: 4

Page 20

This is Madhab. This is Sita's brother. Madhab is a student. He is not a teacher. You are a farmer. Where is your ox? Your ox is in the field. This is a cap.  This is on your head. This is not Gopal's cap. That is a cat. That is Sita's cat. Where is Sita? She is here. Where is your tongue? My tongue is in my mouth.

Page 21



Page 21

We are men. You are students. They are girls. We are your sons. They are your daughters. You are doctors. They are servants. We are your friends. We are here. They are there. You are in the class. We are not monkeys. You are not dogs. They are not men.


Page 22



Page 22

These are my pencils. Those are your houses. These are not Hari's books. Those are not my servants. Those are Sita's pictures. These are my cows. Those are Gopal's dolls/toys. These are your sheep. Those are Sita's dresses.

Page 23 Exercise 5



Page 23, Exercise: 5

They are boys. They are my sons. These are not Hari's books. Hari is my brother. Those are all his dresses. They are not men. They are donkeys/asses. 

You are my students. I am your teacher. We are men. They are women. These are your dolls/toys. Those are not houses. Those are tents.

Is this a bag? Yes, this is a bag. No, this is not a bag.

Chapter: VI

Is this a bag? Yes, this is a bag. No, this is not a bag. Is this a knife? Yes, this is a knife. No, this is not a knife

Page 24



Page 24,

Am I a doctor? No, I am not a doctor. Am I a shopkeeper? Yes, I am a shopkeeper. Are you a student? Yes, you are a student. No, you are not a student. Is he a farmer? Yes, he is a farmer.

Are you a teacher? Yes, you are a teacher. Is he a driver? No, he is not a driver. Is she a nurse? Yes, she is a nurse.

Page 26



What am I? I am a soldier. I am not a teacher. What are you? You are a student.
Your name is Kamala. What are you? You are a boy.

You are Madhubabu's son. What is he? He is a driver. He is Haribabu's driver. She is a nurse.

Page 26

What am I? I am a soldier. I am not a teacher. What am I? I am a farmer. I am not a doctor. What are you? You are a student.

Your name is Kamala. What are you? You are a boy.

You are Madhubabu's son. What is he? He is a driver. He is Haribabu's driver. She is a nurse.

 Page 26 Exercise – 6

Am I a teacher? I am not your teacher. What are you? You are a student. You are not my student. What am I? Am I your father? No, I am not your father. I am Hari’s father. Is he a soldier? No, he is not a soldier.

What is this? Is this a house? Yes, this is a house. This is Kamala's house. Kamala is my sister. What are you? Are you a driver? Yes, you are a driver. What is this? Is this a horse? No, this is an elephant.


Page 27



Page 27

Stand up. Sit down. Kamala, you stand up. Ramesh, you go there. Hari, you stand here. Sita, you sit there.


Page 28



Page 28

Madhab, open the book. Sita, close your book. Hari, you come here. You shut the door. Kamala, you stand there. You open that window. Sita, you stand there. Keshab, you shut that window. Hari, you read your book.


Page 29



Page 29

Madhab, keep your pen on the table. Sita, give me your ring. Jadu, you take this book. Madhab, give me your umbrella. Hari, come here. You keep the book here. Kamala, keep your ring in the bag. Madhu, come here. You open your book and read.

Page 30



Page 30

Gopal, show your ink-pot. This is my ink-pot, Sir. Hari, show your pen. This is my pen, Sir. Madhab, show me your doll. This is my doll, Sir. Jadu, where is your nose? Show me your nose. Sita, where is your nose? Show me your right ear.

Page 30 Exercise 7



Page 30 Exercise 7

Kamala, come here. Give me your pen. Gopal, you stand up. Hari, you take this book. You read this book. Madhab, show me your umbrella. Keep your umbrella on the table. Sita, open the door.

Ramesh, where is your book? Show me your book. Give me your book.

Kamala, where is your pen? You show me your pen. Sita, open your box. Show me your knife. Give me that knife.


Page 31



Page 31

Sita is going. Hari is playing. I am studying. Kamala is dancing. You are playing. Girls are singing. Children are jumping. Teacher is coming. They are eating. Madhab is playing. Keshab is studying. Girls are dancing. Boys are running.


Page 32



Page 32

I am not eating. You are not studying/reading. Sita is not crying. Hari is not singing/ singing songs. They are not playing. Boys are not dancing. Keshab is not coming. Dogs are not running. Babies/Children are not playing. Teacher is not coming. We are not going.


Page 33 Exercise - 8 (A)



Page 33 Exercise - 8 (A)

Ram is a child/boy. This is his book. That is his pen. Ram, you stand up. You open the door. Where is your book? You open your book and read. Ram is reading. Gopal is his brother. Gopal is not reading.

Page 33 Exercise - 8 (B)



Page 33 Exercise - 8 (B)

We are students. Sj. Das is our teacher. Sj. Das is coming here. He is not an old man. Hari is his son. Hari, where is your brother? Hari, you sit down. Give me your book. I am reading the book. Teacher is sitting.


Page 33 Exercise - 8 (C)



Page 33 Exercise - 8 (C)

What is this? Is this a tiger? No, this is a cat. This is Sita's cat. Sita is going. Bimala is Sita's mother. She is standing. Where is Sita's father? He is not here. Where is Sita? My father is coming here.

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.


N. B. To read the rest of the translations written by B. N. Acharya, search on Google "SDM'S KEY TO STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1 or 2 or 3", and topic wise Grammar rules by Dr. Shankar D Mishra 

Please share the links to your friends and relatives to help them know all the answers of the translations at home. You can give your valuable suggestions and corrections for the inadvertently committed errors to me through my WhatsApp number 8270604524. Thank you. 🙏🌹❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment