Wednesday 18 August 2021

PAGE 94 to 156, FOR STD. 6/7,SDM'S KEY TO B. N. ACHARYA'S STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1

  


Page 94



Sitanath has not come today. Kamala has not gone to school. I have not been to London/seen London. Ram has not brought umbrella. Gopal has not given me his pen. I have seen elephant. You have seen Kolkata. The teacher has written this book. We have played football.

Page 95



It is Sunday. The teacher has gone to his house. He will return tomorrow. He has four sons. He will bring a coconut for each of his sons. Every father loves his son./Every father is fond of his son. Have you a son? Have you brought any fruit for him? Have you given them milk? Every child is fond of milk.

Page 97



The dog was barking. The cow was grazing in the field. My father was reading books. The teacher was teaching me. We were working in the field. The children were not playing yesterday. I was not coming to school. Kamala was writing a story. The fishes were not swimming in the pond.

Page 98



Was I eating mangoes? Was Kamala plucking the flowers? Was a cow grazing in the field? Was Gopinath climbing the tree? Were the children swimming in the river? Was the teacher teaching you? Was Govind going to the market? My brother was going to Cuttack. He saw an elephant on the way. Once there was a lion wandering in the jungle. It fell into a net. After some time, four people came there. Each one of them had a gun in his hand. They killed the lion. At this time the king was going by that way. He took away the dead lion.

Page 100



A dog can bite. A crocodile can live in the sea. Sita can climb trees. A bear can swim in the water. A parrot can talk. The blind cannot see. I cannot climb a tree.

Page 101



Debadatta could kill the swan. We could read the book. Ashok could finish his work. The teacher could help us. Dharmapad could see his father. The tiger could not see me. I could not see my father. We could not ask you.

Page 102



The children could read the books. I could see you. He could finish the work. The bird could not fly away. The king could not kill the tiger. The dog could not run in the jungle. Can you catch hold of an elephant? Can we kill a lion? Can you look at the Sun? Can he lift this box? Can you build this temple? Can the king kill the tiger? Could the bird fly away?

Page 104



The children always play in the ground. We always speak the truth. I sometimes tell lies./ Sometimes I lie. Gopabandhu always loved the poor. The children are always fond of sweets. An elephant sometimes becomes/gets mad. He always works hard.

Page 106



The Headmaster often comes to/visits our class. I never go to his office. He never calls me. Have you ever gone/been to Bhubaneswar?There is a big temple in Bhubaneswar. Have you ever visited/seen it? I have often seen/visited Bhubaneswar.

Once there was an old man in our village. He had never been to Puri. I called him and asked, "Have you ever gone to/visited Puri? He said, "I have never been to/visited Puri. I have often visited/seen Dhabaleswar. I shall visit/see Puri and Bhubaneswar this time.

Page 109



Meghadut is written by Kalidas. This book is written by Nilakanth. My chair is by the wall. He is sleeping by me. The dog is sitting by its master. We had gone to Bhubaneswar by a bus. You go home in a rickshaw. They will come here by a train. The oldman is sitting against a wall. I have put my cycle against a tree. The teacher is writing with a piece of chalk. I bought a piece of dhoti. He needs a piece of rope. Five of us will help you. Two of you will come here. All of them will go to Bhubaneswar tomorrow. I shall drink a cup of milk.

Page 111



He has a lot of children. The farmers eat much rice and drink a little milk. I have a lot of pens, but a few pencils. Our teacher talks much. Loknath studies much. There were many students in our class. A few students will come here tomorrow. You will give me

a little sugar, and I will give you much cheese. He read a few books, but wrote a lot.

Page 113



I know a lot. A number of men were working that day. The child drank much water. There is a plenty of water in the pond. There are a lot of books in the library. 

You have seen many/a lot of things. He has much money. There is a little water in the glass, but there is much water in the pitcher.

Page 114



There is much water in the river. There is more water in the sea than in the river. There is a little milk in the glass. There is less milk in the cup than in the glass. I have a lot of/ much money. You have more money than I have. Sita has five pieces of books. Kamala has seven pieces of books. Kamala has more books than Sita has. Sita has fewer books than Kamala has. I had bought ten pieces of dhoti. You had bought fewer pieces of dhoti than I had.

Page 116



I work most at home. / I do the most work at home. My brother works less than I do. Gopal has the most number of pens in our class. I have fewer pens than Gopal has. Gita has the fewest number of pens. My younger brother ate the fewest number of chocolates. I ate the fewest number of chocolates. Gopal ate fewer chocolates than I did. 

Page 117



A dog is the most faithful animal. The rich are more powerful than the poor. A king is the most powerful of all. Madhu is so foolish. He is more foolish than I am. He is the most foolish child in our class.

Page 118



I have seen Kolkata just once. We eat thrice a day. Gopinath goes to Puri once a year. The child wrote each word ten times. I called you four times yesterday. He fell down thrice off the cycle. Radha jumped five times and fell down at last.

Page 120



He is as clever as his father. Laxmi is as beautiful as her sister. That cycle is as strong as yours. My teeth are as white as chalk. His hair is as black as coal. I am as strong as Bhim. An elephant is not as intelligent as a tiger. He is not as wicked/naughty as his brother. 

Page 121



You have as much money as I have. You have as many cows as I have. Sita has as many pens as Ram has pencils. He does not eat as much rice as I do. You did not read as many books as I did. Kamala did not eat as much bread as Gopal did.

Page 123



How old is your brother? He is eleven. /He is eleven years old. How old is your mother? She is forty. She is aged forty. How old is your uncle? He is two metres tall. How long is this house? This house is twenty nine metres long. How wide is this table? This table is a metre wide. What is the Moon like? The Moon is like a circular ball. What is an elephant like? An elephant is like a small hill. What is your ink-pot like? My ink-pot is like a rose. 

Page 124



The children of our class help one another. Gopal gives books to Ram. Ram gives books to Gopal. They give books to each other. Madhu beat me. I beat Madhu. We beat each other. Children are playing with one another. Father called me. I called father. We called each other. Madhu will give you a ball. Jadu will give a ball to Radha. You will give balls to one another like this.

Page 125



What a fool you are! How intelligent he is! What a beautiful house! Ah, what a beautiful flower! Oh, what a huge fish! Ah, what a sweet fruit! Oh, what a big river! Oh, what a huge mountain! Ah, what a beautiful sight! Oh, what a beautiful day! Ah, what a big person!

Page 126



I shall buy some oil for my lamp. He bought some grass for his cows. Your father will send money for you. This pen is for my brother. This saree is for me. This house is not for you. But, this field is for all. I bought a pen for ten rupees. You can buy two pens for five rupees. They got a motor car for a horse. I got a cap for an umbrella.

Page 127



The teacher watches you playing. The mother saw the children crying. I have seen them coming. He found the cow grazing. The hunter could see the tiger drinking. I could see the fish swimming. I will see you working tomorrow. The teacher will see us studying today.

Page 129



The child shouted loudly. Kamala is singing slowly. Hari is running fast. The oldman sat silently. You will die sorrowfully. The rich live happily. The oldman is crying sadly. That man is working well. The child studied well. Sometimes the girls do better in the examination. Good children always do good work. 

Page 130



Our soldiers fought most courageously. You can run faster than I can. I talk most silently. Bhim fought more courageously than Dushasan. The oldman will walk less fast than the child. I can work more quietly than you. A teacher can speak English faster than a student.

Page 132



I will sleep earlier today. My younger brother will sleep earlier than I. Kuni will sleep earliest. I returned from the market late yesterday. My father returned later than I. The shopkeepers returned too late. Baidyanath goes to school too early. Sitakant Babu goes earlier than he. The peon of the school goes to school earliest. The Puri Express reached Cuttack late. The Mandras Mail reached later than that. The Janata Express reached Cuttack latest.

Page 133



A child cannot sit as quietly as an oldman. An elephant cannot run as a horse. I work as silently as you do. A parrot does not talk as a man. I can write as easily as my teacher. A man cannot sing as merrily as a bird. I work as well as my teacher does.

Page 135



I have been working here for five days. Sita has been in Bhubaneswar for two years. Hari has been waiting for us for an hour. Madhab has been studying with me for four days. He has been here since 8 o' clock this morning. The child has been playing in the field since 4 o'clock. We have been cultivating this field for ten years. I have been serving in the school since 1961.

Page 136



For how long have you been here? Since when have you been working in Cuttack? Since when have you been cultivating the fields here? For how long have you been waiting for me here? For how long have they been working here? For how long have the children been studying here? Since when have you been singing?

Page 138



The children should study everyday. The farmers should take care of the oxen. We should do exercise in the evening. You should always speak the truth. One should eat some fruits everyday. 

One should not at all sit in the sun. You should not at all take bath at night. The children should not at all tell lies. We should not at all drink wine.

Page 139



He is either a poet or a writer. Give me a pencil. The child is either working out the sum or reading English. Either Ram or his brother has done this. You will come either on Sunday or on Monday.

Page 140



I have seen neither Kolkata nor Delhi. They gave you neither a book nor a pen. My father gave me neither a shirt nor a coat. Neither Ram nor his brother went to school. This is neither a school nor an office.

Page 141



I have seen that Madhab has done this work. The teacher knows that Rabi is a good boy. I am of the view that you are not bad people. 

We think that you can pass. Madhu says she will go to Puri tomorrow. Sita knows that the teacher loves her. My mother says that I will be a big man.

Page 142

Sita was playing while Ram was studying. You were singing while I was sleeping. The girls were dancing while the children were singing. I met my sister when I went to Cuttack. While you were bathing in the river, you saw a crocodile.

Page 143



Play here till it is evening. He worked for two days, still the work could not be completed. I called him again and again, still he did not come. Don't go until the teacher calls you. Don't come here until we have completed the work.

Page 146



All except my father came here yesterday. I know all other students except you. He teaches all other subjects except Algebra. Was the teacher asking about me? Do you know anything about Ashok. I know nothing about Kolkata. Do you know anything about Bhubaneswar? There is a garden round our house. There is a high wall round the temple. Don't run through the garden. The snake entered the house through the window. The dog is running along the road. I swam across the river. They built a bridge across the river.

Page 149



I did not go home due to rain./ As it rained, I did not go home. I stayed at home according to my father 's advice. I chopped wood with an axe, and brought water with a bucket. We ate bread instead of rice, and drank tea instead of cold water on that day. As soon as night came, the rain stopped, and no sooner did the rain stop than my brother called me. I went to him in spite of my illness.

Page 150     Chapter : XXXIV  (1)



There was a lion in a jungle. Once he was wandering alone in the jungle. He saw a hare. He asked him, "Who are you? Why are you wandering in this jungle? " The hare replied, "I am a little creature. I am going to my king." The lion asked, "Who is your King? I want to see your king." The hare took the lion to a well.

Page 151 (2)



The cow is a domestic animal. It has four legs, two horns and a tail. It gives us milk. Babies are very fond of milk. We make curd and cheese from milk. How many cows do you have? Who takes care of them? We should always take care of the cows.

Page 151   (3)



Have you ever seen birds? Where do they live? What do they eat? What are the birds' eggs like? Can a bird talk? Which birs most beautiful? How many birds have you seen? What are their names?

Page 151   (4)



I have seen a train. It moves much faster than a bullock cart. It has an engine. The engine pulls the compartments. It stops at every station. The people sit inside the compartments. There are platforms in the stations. The passengers wait in the platforms.

Page 152   (5)



There are two men going to the market. One of them is an old man, and another is a young man. The old man is going slowly and there is a stick in his hand. The young man has stick in his hand. He is running so fast. It is 2 o' clock. They will return home in the evening.

Page 153  (6)



Our school is two kilometers away from our house. There is a pucca road from the school to our village. I and my brother go to school on that road everyday. Our school begins at 10 o' clock and closes at 4 o' clock everyday. We go to school very early in the morning on Saturday, and we don't at all go to school on Sunday. Sunday is a holiday.

Page 153   (7)



Bhubaneswar is the capital of Odisha. It is a beautiful city. There are many big buildings here. Khandagiri is to the west of it. Many people visit Khandagiri. Udayagiri is situated near Khandagiri. There are many caves here.

Page 154   (8)



Fish lives in water. It cannot live without water. It has wings. A bird flies in the sky with the help of its wings. Fish swims in water with the help of its fins. It has no nose. It breathes with the help of its mouth. All of us have seen fish. It is very funny to look at.

Page 154  (9)



The rainy season comes after Summer. At this time we see dark clouds in the sky. At this time it rains heavily. The roads get muddy. Floods come to the rivers. Due to this some people do not like the rainy season. However, it is the friend of the farmers.

Page 155    (10 A)



Once there lived three lions together in a jungle. Other animals in the jungle were scared of them. There arose a quarrel among them. They began to fight. At last they became weak, and fell down. At this time there came a jackal. He started to bite a lion. Having seen this, the other lions said, "Ah, how silly we are!"



Page 156    (10 B)

We eat fish. Fishes live in the river, pond and sea. The fishermen catch fish with the fishing nets. Fish is a good food. But, most people do not eat fish. They should take milk. My maternal grandfather is an old man. He takes neither fish nor milk. Mother gives him fruits to eat.


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.


N. B. To read the rest of the translations written by B. N. Acharya, search on Google "SDM'S KEY TO STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1 or 2 or 3", and topic wise Grammar rules by Dr. Shankar D Mishra 

Please share the links to your friends and relatives to help them know all the answers of the translations at home. You can give your valuable suggestions and corrections for the inadvertently committed errors to me through my WhatsApp number 8270604524. Thank you. 🙏🌹❤️❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment