Thursday 5 August 2021

PAGE 35 to 90, STD. 5,SDM'S KEY TO B. N. ACHARYA'S STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1

 BOOK by B.N ACHARYA



Page 35



Page 35

Teacher is reading. Kamala is singing. Hari is reading a story. Teacher is teaching the children. We are going home. You are writing books. I am taking the book in my hand.

Ram is not going home. I am not playing football. Sita is not singing. Hari is not eating a mango. Teacher is not reading the book. You are not building the house.


Page 36



Page 36

I am going to Cuttack. Teacher is coming from his class. Ram is fishing in the river. / Ram is catching fish from the river. Gopal is working in the garden. Sita is plucking flowers from the tree. We are not playing in the field. The teacher does not teach the children in the class. Sita is not carrying/ taking an umbrella in her hand. Bird is not flying in the sky.

Page 37



Page 37

What am I doing? I am going to Cuttack. What are you doing? Are you plucking flowers? What is he doing? He is singing. What are they doing? They are coming from the market. What are the children doing? Children are studying in the class. What is the teacher doing? The teacher is teaching the children.

Page 38



Page 38

What is Kamala doing? Kamala is singing. What are the boys reading? The boys are reading the books. What is Sita writing? Sita is writing a story. What are you doing? I am going to school.  

What is Hari plucking? Hari is plucking flowers. What is the dog eating? The dog is eating meat.

Page 39



Page 39 EXERCISE: 9

Gopal is playing. Gopal is playing in the field. He is playing a ball in the field. The teacher is teaching. He is teaching the children. He is teaching me. I am not reading. I am not reading the book. Sita is not eating. She is not eating chocolate. Kamala is plucking flowers.

I am going home. I am going home from school. My father is coming. He is coming from the office.

What is Kamala doing? She is plucking fruit from the tree. She is giving me a flower. What are you doing? You are catching fish from the river. Hari is throwing a ball. You are catching the ball. You are playing a ball in the field.

Page 41



Page 41

These are their books. They are reading their books. These are our classes. We are reading in our class/classes. Those are your oxen. You are ploughing your lands/fields. These are your houses. You are going to your houses. 


Page 42



Page 42

The bird is flying over our heads. The dog is sitting under the table. Kamala is standing between Sita and Gouri. The roof of the house is over our heads. My shoes are under the chair.

Page 43



Page 43

Where is Ram going? Where is Sita playing? Where is Hari working? Where are you studying? Where are the children sitting? Where is the teacher teaching? Where is the dog sleeping? Where am I writing?

Page 43 CHAPTER: XI

I have a cow. You have two sheep. I have seven hens. You have ten fingers. I have two legs and two hands. You have a cow and two oxen.


Page 44



Page 44

He has two horses. You have a flower garden. Geeta has two dolls. The elephant has a trunk. The cow has a long tail and a round head.


Page 45/46




Page 45/46

They are girls. They have a school. This is a chair. It has four legs. They are men. They have hands and legs. This is a pen. It has a nib. This is a room. It has two doors and four windows.


Page 47



Page 47

A dog has no legs. Fish has no feet. Men have no wings. A bat has no beak. I have no money. You have no cycles. The old man has no son. A snake has no ears. A coconut tree has no branches. 


Page 48



Page 48

How many hands have you? How many pens has Sita? How many hens has that girl? How many fingers have I? How many ink-pots has the girl? How many shirts have I? How many ears has a snake? 

Page 49



Has Gopal an umbrella? Has Sita a dog? Have men wings? No, they have no wings. Has a tiger a tail? Yes, it has. Has Madhu shoes? No, she has no shoes. Have you a doll/toy? Yes, I have a doll. No I don't have/ have not.


Page 49 Exercise - 10



Page 49 Exercise - 10

I have four goats. How many cows have you? Has Sita a bag? I have no shoes. Have you shoes? How many pens has Hari? Kamala has a cycle. Has Ram a cycle? No, he has not. Sita has a ring. How many rings have you? I have no ring. How many ears has fish? No, fish has no ears. Has a hare horns? No, it has not.


Page 51



Page 51

It is a short table. The head of a cat is round. The cow has a long tail. Sita has two younger brothers. I have a big coat. The old man is very greedy.  He has a big hen. The well is very deep. The road is too long. The child is very strong.  The room is very dark. You are very fat. They are very lazy/idle. A butterfly is very beautiful. An ass is very ugly. 


Page 53



Page 53

My coat is yellow. Your hair is black. Hari's box is red. This flower is white. Your body is black. 

Hari has a white coat. I have two black shoes. He has some red cows. They have a yellow motor. Ripe plantains are yellow.


Page 53/54 Exercise - 11

Kanak is a little child. She has a red bag. Her books are in that bag. The rose is a beautiful flower. It is red. 

Page 54



My dog is white. It has a long tail. It is eating meat and rice. I am eating a ripe mango. Sita is drinking hot milk. Her brother is a fat man. He has a long coat. A black dog is running on the road.

Page 55



Page 55

He was a farmer. They were his students. Gopal was a baby. It was a school. He was a king. I was his minister. That was a river. It was a big pond. You were my friends. The man was very clever. The child was very foolish. The man was very lazy.  

Page 55

Gopal was not a farmer. His father was not a teacher. He was not a soldier. Hari Babu was not a rich man. Gopabandhu was not a shopkeeper. I was not a doctor. Sita was not a nurse. We were not students. 


Page 56



Page 56

You had a goat. Ravan had ten heads. Hanuman had a long tail. I had two brothers. Sita had a doll. We had some sheep. He had no friends. The tree had no branches. I had no books.

Page 57




Page 57/58

Hari went to school. Kamala came home. I ate rice. Gopal read books. Children played balls. Sita sang. We went to Cuttack. Madhab drank milk. You caught fish. They ate mangoes. I gave you a mango.  He gave me a flower.


Page 59



Page 59

Kamala did not sing. The boys did not go to school. You did not catch fish. Gobinda did not read books. We did not play football. The teacher did not teach us. You did not come here. The tiger did not go away. We did not stand. They did not come.

Page 60 Exercise - 12



Page 60 Exercise - 12

Sita is a little girl. She did not go to school. Her teacher did not teach her. Her father took her to Cuttack. She studied there.

Children went to the playground. They played there. But, Hari did not play. He came home.

The fishermen went to the river. They caught fish. We ate fish and rice. My father did not eat fish. He ate plantains and oranges.

Page 61/62



Page 61/62

I am sure that I will rain today. You cannot do this alone. We will help you. Wait a moment. I shall go with you. The work will be late by five days. The train will be late by three and a half hours. He will probably leave this place soon./ It is likely that he will leave this place soon. It is likely that there will be our examination next month. I am not sure whether he will come here or not.

Page 63 Exercise - 13



Page 63 Exercise - 13

We will meet/are going to meet our Headmaster tomorrow. Ram will go to paint the pictures. The sky is cloudy, it is going to rain. You are late; you will miss/are going to miss the train. We will have/are going to have a picnic tomorrow. My friend will return/ is going to return next week. Tomorrow is Sunday; I will take/is going to take rest. The train will leave/is going to depart at 9 pm. When will the match start? When is the match going to start? When does the match start? The Prime Minister will arrive/is going to arrive in Odisha tomorrow. The Prime Minister arrives in Odisha tomorrow.

Page 64



Page 64

Saroj goes to school in the morning. I catch fish in the river. Gobinda drinks milk in the evening. We swim in the river. The cow eats grass. My father goes to the office. We go home in the evening. The teacher teaches me.


Page 65



Page 65

I do not go home. We do not catch fish. They do not swim in the river. Sita does not pluck flowers. Kamala does not study at night. My father does not go to the market. My mother does not beat me. The cows do not plough.


Page 66



Page 66

I went to Cuttack yesterday. My brother will go to Puri today. Teacher will come here now. He will teach me English today. I read English daily. Kamala gave me a pen yesterday. I will give her a book today. She will go to school tomorrow. I will bring the book from her tomorrow.

Page 66/67 Exercise - 14

I shall go home today. You went home yesterday. Your father will come here now. He will bring chocolate for you.

My father brought a doll/toy for me. Your father will bring a cycle for you. I catch fish from the river every day. 


Page 67



Page 67

My father does not eat fish. He goes to the market daily. We shall go to the market tomorrow. We shall bring a dhoti for him from the market.


Page 68



Page 68

Did I see you? Did he go to the market? Did Sita eat rice? Did we bring the books? Did the cat drink milk? Did Gopal catch fish? Did they go to the river yesterday? 

Page 68

Shall I go home? Will you help me? Will they play ball? Will Sita pluck flowers? Will Madhab swim in the river? Shall we study? Will Gopal catch fish? Will Kamala go to the market? Will you buy a pen?


Page 70



Do I eat coconut? Does Sita sing? Does the cow eat fish? Does a tiger eat rice? Do we go to Cuttack? Does Gopal play in the field? Does Yashoda pluck flowers? Does the teacher teach me? Do you eat fish every day? Do they go home?

Page 71



Page 71

Where does Sita study? Where does a crocodile live? Where does Madhu work? Where do the children eat? Where do play football? Where do you sleep? Where do the girls sing? Where does the fisherman catch fish?

Where did we study? Where did you sit? Where did they sleep? Where did the girl dance? Where did the tiger bite?

Where will you eat rice? Where will we stand? Where will they sit? Where will Sita keep her book? Where will they bathe/ take bath?

Page 73



Page 73

When will Ram go to school? When will Sita dance? When will the children study? When will the teacher teach you? Ram will go to Cuttack at 5 o' clock. They will go to the market on Thursday.

When will you catch fish? When will the girls dance? When did Hari come here? When did Gopinath go home? 

I go home at 9 o' clock every day. When do you bathe/take bath? When does the Sun rise? When does the Moon set? When do we see/view the stars? We see/view the stars at night.

 

Page 76



Page 76

What did the children say? What did they write? What did Ram ask the teacher? What did the teacher give Ram? What does a tiger eat? What do the children do in school? What does Sita do in the garden? What do the farmers do in the field? What do you want/need? 

What will they do? What did you study in school yesterday? What will Santosh bring from the market? What will Sitanath give me? It is half past one now. It is quarter past six now. 

It is the tail of a snake. That is the leaf of a tree. It is the picture of a book. It is the head of a fish. That is the door of a house.


Page 77/78



Page 77/78

Who is your Headmaster? Who is our Prime Minister? Who is your doctor? Which is your book? Which is your goat? Which is your head? Which is your playground? Is that house yours? Which pond is theirs? Which book is Ram's? Which bench is mine? Who are you? Where is your house? What is your name? Who is your father? What is the name of your teacher?


Page 79


Whose house is good? Whose head is big? Whose coat is black? Whose tail is long? Whom did you see? Whom did they bring? Whom did we call? Who is he? Who did call him? Who did give me the book? Who did come here? Who will read the book? Who will go to Cuttack today?

Page 79 Exercise 15

Is Ram Babu our teacher? Is he your teacher? Does he know you? Was he teaching you? Shall I go to him at 4 o' clock today? Will you go to him? Is he a good person? Does your father know him?

We are students. Are we your students? Were you teaching us? Will you come to our house tomorrow? When will I go to your house?


Page 80



Page 80

There is a pen in my pocket. There is a stick in his hand. There is a snake in this hole. There is a picture in my hand. There is a coconut tree in our garden. 

There is no stick in my hand. There is no water in this river. There is no money in my pocket. There is no cap on my head.


Page 81


 

Page 81

There are four hundred children/students in our school. There are many rich people in our country. There are many books in the box. There are a lot of fruits in this tree.

There are no flowers in this garden. There are no pictures in my book. There are no cats in our house. There are no girl students in our school. There are no leaves in this tree.

Page 82



Page 82

There was a pencil in my pocket. There was a book in your hand. Once there was a lion in the jungle. There were many fruits in the basket. There were many flowers in a tree. There were many fishes in the pond. There were nine children in our class. There was a ship in the sea. There were many cows in the field. There was no money in my pocket. / I had no money in my pocket. There was no picture in the book. There was no chocolate in the box. There were no fruits in the trees. There were no fishes in the pond.

Page 84



Page 84

It is morning now. It’s half past seven now. It is Saturday. / Today is Saturday. It is a holiday. I shall not go to school. My brother and I will play in the field today. Sita will play with us. It is the month of June. It is a hot month. The month of December is a cold month.

Page 86



Ram is taller than his sister. Hari is the worst student of our class. Rose is a beautiful flower. It is most beautiful. His coat is long. His coat is longer than mine. My father is a fat man. My father is fatter than your father.
Elephant is the fattest of the animals. Rat is a a little animal. It shorter than a cat.

Page 89  (A)



Page 86

Ram is taller than his brother. Hari is the worst student of our class. Rose is a beautiful flower. It is most beautiful. His coat is long. His coat is longer than mine. My father is a fat man. My father is fatter than your father. Elephant is fattest of all the animals. / Elephant is the fattest animal. Rat is a little animal. It is shorter than a cat.

Page 89  (A)

That day was too/very hot. The crow was too/very thirsty. It wanted to drink water. It saw/found a pitcher. There was not much water in the pitcher. The crow collected/ brought some pieces of stone. It put those pieces of stone into the pitcher. Water came up/ rose up. The crow drank water and flew away.

Page 90  (B)/(C)



Page 90  (B)

Nandan Kanan is near Barang. There is a small zoo at Nandan Kanan. This is a beautiful place. I went there with my father. That was a holiday. We were very happy.

Page  (C)

It is morning now. The Sun is rising in the east. The child is looking at the Sun. The farmers are going to the fields. They will do hard work in the fields. They will return from the fields in the evening. They will sleep at night. Night is the time for rest.



Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.


N. B. To read the rest of the translations written by B. N. Acharya, search on Google "SDM'S KEY TO STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1 or 2 or 3", and topic wise Grammar rules by Dr. Shankar D Mishra 

Please share the links to your friends and relatives to help them know all the answers of the translations at home. You can give your valuable suggestions and corrections for the inadvertently committed errors to me through my WhatsApp number 8270604524. Thank you. 🙏🌹❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment