Wednesday 25 August 2021

O MY LOVE! I DO FEEL



O MY LOVE! I DO FEEL....

O my Love! I'm neither a grisly ghost nor a gruesome spook;

Still, I do feel, as a betrayed brook,

Too scared of the scorching Midday Sun,

Away from me, as fast as light you ever recede and run!


O my Love! I am neither a ferocious lion nor a frightful bear;

Still, I do feel, you gallop with so much fear,

As if I were a foul, tricky and treacherous Fowler,

And you, a soft, gullible target, like an easy to hunt hare!


O my Love! I am neither a sinister snare nor a traitorous trap, 

Still, I do feel, you seal your sight, as the dark clouds of distrust envelope,

The serene, scintillating and credulous Full Moon,

So as to devour her charming sparkles as a perfidious goon! 


O my Love! I do feel, henceforth you will cast off your sloughs of solicitude and suspicion,

And follow me as my own shadow with a smile and warmth until we attain salvation!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra

2 comments: