Saturday 24 September 2022

O MY LOVE! WHENEVER SPEAKS YOUR TONGUE.....


O MY LOVE! WHENEVER SPEAKS YOUR TONGUE.....

O my Love!

Whenever speaks a word or two your soothing, captivating tongue,

Hear my rapt, resonant ears an enchanting refrain of the sweetest song,

That  lifts my restless, ravenous desires to a realm of beatitude from a hell sombre,

And soon ferries my heavy heart to a Paradise of light, ecstasy and slumber!


O my Love!

Whenever speaks a word or two your cooling, healing tongue;

The road to heaven turns smooth and short, that seemed once inaccessible and long,

The key to all mundane marvels is found at hand, and so blithe a melody is sung

By the Elysian fairies to celebrate that it's envied by the Princess of Hong Kong!


O my Love!

Whenever speaks a word or two your tongue bewitching and mesmerizing,

In my eclipsed heart of despair, doldrums and despondency is seen rising

A charming sun of hope, optimism and revival to augur a new beginning

And rapture rains upon my barren, infertile land of life that gains meaning!


Thus, what shall I call your tongue, o my love, a Mooney boon,

Or, a Sorrow Remover as the Cuckoo dispels all morose misery by her heavenly croon?


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 28.11.2022

Picture courtesy: Pinterest. com

Please share this poem. Thank you. ЁЯМ╣❤️❤️ЁЯЩП



2 comments: