Friday 9 December 2022

AN ODE TO THE ULTIMATE QUEEN ON EARTH


AN ODE TO THE ULTIMATE QUEEN ON EARTH


O my Esha! The sheen of your eyes outshines even a milky Moon

That constantly grows jealous as a cacophonous crow at a Koyel 's dulcet croon

As the salty and sonorous waves whine, like the angry wasps, at a sweet fountain

As a thorny bramble envies, at the scented mogras, on a craggy, shrivelled mountain!


O my Esha! The glows on your charming cheeks, like the pearls of dew at dawn

Exceed the refulgence of Stars on the facade of the slumbering sky at night;

The scarlet hues of your lips, made up of the two crescent Suns are a lasting delight

To my gaping, unblinking eyes that dance like peacocks in the rain of exaltation!


O my Esha! Your spongy and mound like mammillas, that ever drip felicity 

To quench an irresistible thirst of my parched passion, and satiate,

Like the relishing showers from heaven to the earth's hungry, yearning palate,

My soaring appetite to turn the bubbles of life into a fathomless main of immortality!


O my Esha! My lexicon gropes for words to praise your scintillating virtues

Thus, it sums you up as 'The ultimate Queen on Earth' and SDM'S heart's fuse.


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 

No comments:

Post a Comment