Sunday 4 December 2022

O MY LOVE! IN YOUR ABSENCE…..

 


O MY LOVE! IN YOUR ABSENCE…..

 

O my love! My longing eyes in your absence

Suddenly seemed to have lost their sights,

And the hidden flames of my passion out of utter plights

Got extinguished, deprived of oxygen, like candles in hurricanes!

 

O my love! My searching eyes in your absence

Abruptly seemed to have lost their visions,

And the ever ascending throbs of my heart in excruciations

Stopped as the greens cease to grow, dispossessed of rains!

 

O my love! My yearning eyes in your absence

Straight away seemed to have lost their destinations;

My feasting heart soon smelt the stinks of festering frustrations

The known facades turned aliens; dishes stale and my revelry lost sense!

 

Alas! I cursed myself with forced, sham smiles under my wandering eyes,

Moments passed as millenniums, still I’m sanguine of my loyal love’s prize!

 

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India

No comments:

Post a Comment